Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post Your Successful vB4 CMS Sites Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HondaATC
    replied
    www.3wheelerworld.com (my site)

Went live the day after the Gold release. Had some issues and some stuff still isn't operating 100%, but it is a live environment and its *for the most part* running well.

Leave a comment:

• Dunhamzzz
    replied
    dnforum is a big company that has been around for YEARS. You even have to pay to sign for most worthwhile parts of the forum. I was actually quite surprised they've adopted vbulletin 4 so early, very risky move.

As for vb skins, there won't be any decent ones (that aren't just changing the colour scheme) for a very long time, everytime vb release updates - major updates like the ones that come out now - most of the templates need to be updated.

My designer friend and I were going to start up a site to sell premium skins but can't see the point as the product is evolving too much at this early stage, I don't want to put 2 weeks into something that'll have to be refreshed in a big way within a week or so - and even when we do do this, I'll be coding and I won't be using the stylevar system that's for sure.

Leave a comment:

• iMatt
    replied
    Originally posted by raistlinthewiz View Post
    I've custom coded the homepage using kohana network over vbulletin4.
    If the vB4 CMS was able to look anything like that I would consider re-enabling it.

Leave a comment:

• raistlinthewiz
    replied
    Is your home page powered by vB CMS. It doesn't look like. Otherwise, it has an excellent design.
    I've custom coded the homepage using kohana network over vbulletin4.

Leave a comment:

• Shotglass
    replied
    Originally posted by kyrgyz View Post
    Nope. It ain't me. I just posted a link in here.
    Sorry that's too bad for you! Do you know the person that does run it? Is he a user that post's regularly on here? I would love to get a site with as good a ranking as that one it's guaranteed sponsorship.

Leave a comment:

• Al Zander
    replied
    Originally posted by interfx View Post
    To Saqibm: How/what did you do to add the white frame around your CMS images? Very professional effect...
    If you're talking about the preview, then if I'm not mistaken, that is a default setting: [stylevars: vbcms_article_preview_image_border]. You just don't notice it in the default skin against the white page background. If you mean the white-in-black frame Saqibm has around the larger images in the full-view articles, then that's something added using an image editor (photoshop?) prior to upload, by the looks of things.

Leave a comment:

• interfx
    replied
    Originally posted by Saqibm View Post
    www.darkline.org.uk

Not hugely big but was a successful upgrade
    How/what did you do to add the white frame around your CMS images? Very professional effect...

Leave a comment:

• kyrgyz
    replied
    Originally posted by raistlinthewiz View Post
    Is your home page powered by vB CMS. It doesn't look like. Otherwise, it has an excellent design.

Leave a comment:

• RadioErewan
    replied
    Have no idea. Heard about designers abandoning developments of vB skins because of stylevar issues. Paid skins are great. I have membership in rockettheme for example (it is not vb skinning club :-( ) Some custom free skins you can find on vbulletin.org.

Leave a comment:

• Sparrow
    replied
    Originally posted by RadioErewan View Post
    They created one skin for vb4 at the moment. http://www.vbskinworks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4244
    Yep, I just realized this myself. Are they reliable? They look like they've been very professional throughout the release(s). I can only put my hopes in the future, that they will design many more to come for this version. Unfortunately, this is the downside with non-free / non-public, paid-for software. Not saying that it wasn't worth the money (sure was), but this way you have to wait, and do many things yourself (such as the language translations since the language I needed has not yet been fully realized). This is where public source prevails IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• RadioErewan
    replied
    They created one skin for vb4 at the moment. http://www.vbskinworks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4244

Leave a comment:

• Sparrow
    replied
    Do not know. Product was launched too early and now nobody knows when some ideas will be finished/debugged/fixed. Constantly changing stylevars destroy any skin other than ugly default every beta release.
    How about VBskinworks? Do they offer more interesting designs for vb4? I just looked them up and it looks like they have a bunch of good templates I could use (or anyone else for that matter)

source: http://www.vbskinworks.com

Leave a comment:

• RadioErewan
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparrow View Post
    When do you think that will happen? And is there a way I can order someone to skin my site? Are there any websites that offer agents for work who would do it? Any advice is welcomed.
    Do not know. Product was launched too early and now nobody knows when some ideas will be finished/debugged/fixed. Constantly changing stylevars destroy any skin other than ugly default every beta release.

Leave a comment:

• Sparrow
    replied
    Do not expect a lot of skins until product is in beta stage. Stylevars are unfinished.
    When do you think that will happen? And is there a way I can order someone to skin my site? Are there any websites that offer agents for work who would do it? Any advice is welcomed.

Leave a comment:

• RadioErewan
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparrow View Post
    Anyone have advice where I can get some great skins for my website? Currently, I'm using the default skin, meaning it doesn't look much different than this here. Any advice?
    Do not expect a lot of skins until product is in beta stage. Stylevars are unfinished.

Leave a comment: