Can I buy vBulletin 3.8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I buy vBulletin 3.8?

Because I want a fully featured and documented piece of software that has been rid of any major bugs and has many available skins and mods, and I currently dislike the look and feel of vB4 (nothing that wont be fixed in future versions, or at least I hope), I would like to buy vBulletin 3.8 and not 4.0. Is there any way I could get a discount and only have download access to vB 3.8, with the ability to pay to upgrade to vB4 in future? If not, then do I get to download vB3.8 when I order vB4?

Thanks in advance to whoever answers.

Anthony.

No, I'm pretty sure you have to buy the full monty and then you'll have the option to download whichever version you want.
    s.molinari - I would like to ask all customers to definitely feedback issues with the software and be specific with the issues, but to basically suck-up what happened in the past and try to just look forward.

Comment

Originally posted by MrHarper View Post
      Because I want a fully featured and documented piece of software that has been rid of any major bugs and has many available skins and mods, and I currently dislike the look and feel of vB4 (nothing that wont be fixed in future versions, or at least I hope), I would like to buy vBulletin 3.8 and not 4.0. Is there any way I could get a discount and only have download access to vB 3.8, with the ability to pay to upgrade to vB4 in future? If not, then do I get to download vB3.8 when I order vB4?

Thanks in advance to whoever answers.

Anthony.
      you have to buy the classic forum or the full suite of 4.0 to get access to 3.8

Comment

Alternatively find someone who will either give you a copy for free or sell theirs by transfering the license over to you in your name. A friend i know has 2 licenses one being the last version of the old vb he might sell one if your interested i could ask.

Comment

I'm definietly interested in that older license, tell him to shoot me an email @ EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED

ASAP please, I'm sick of running phpbb lol
          Last edited by Trevor Hannant; Tue 11th May '10, 1:44am.

Comment

I'll ask first if he will then i will forward your email but i don't promise anything!

Comment

I'll sell you mine. I'm trying to sell my whole site if your interested. Comes with the vb 3.8.4 license and you'll still be able to download vb4 for another 6 months. Let me know.

I tried sending you a PM but I couldn't, maybe cuz u only have 1 post.

Comment

What hosting package with Hostgator do you use for that site LilPimpnRapper out of curiosity?

Comment

I'm wary of buying licenses from others due to the obvious - scammers. I'll only buy one on a forum like Digitalpoint, and only from somebody with a hell of a lot of positive feedback.

Thanks everybody for your responses.

Comment

Originally posted by Shotglass View Post
                    What hosting package with Hostgator do you use for that site LilPimpnRapper out of curiosity?
                    I use the baby plan with it because it allows me to run unlimited domains with it.

Originally posted by MrHarper View Post
                    I'm wary of buying licenses from others due to the obvious - scammers. I'll only buy one on a forum like Digitalpoint, and only from somebody with a hell of a lot of positive feedback.
                    I'm already a member on Digitalpoint and will be posting my forum for sale on there too. I don't have a lot of feedback on DigitalPoint but as you can see I've been a member since 2003 and sold my first vbulletin smoothly a long time ago.

Comment

The person i am talking about can be trusted he has a solid account with vbulletin and 2 valid licenses however as i am aware you are only allowed to transfer your license once to somebody else so if you think about reselling it you cannot according to vbulletin's rules. I wonder how much of a legal foothold they have with this after all it's piracy that is set in stone. LilPimpnRappin have you thought instead of selling your license on maybe change your forum to some other topic and try and build traffic to it? Get one of those rotating banner scripts and try and sell a bit of advertising or sticky threads i know people who are doing well at this game already.

Comment

I also need a V3.8.4 license. If anybody can help....
                        ----------------------------------
                        The german community platform

Comment

looking for a 3.8.5 licence

Comment

Can't you download 3.8 if you own 4?
                            Hmmm. Cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by socceronly View Post
                              Can't you download 3.8 if you own 4?
                              Yes, you can.
                              Sphinx Search for vBulletin 4: https://marketplace.digitalpoint.com...tin-4.870/item
                              Someone send me a message on Twitter when this site is usable again. https://twitter.com/digitalpoint

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X