Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planning to buy - but want to calculate bandwidth need and server config for my site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning to buy - but want to calculate bandwidth need and server config for my site

Hi !

I manage a student support portal plus community site for my client, I have around 40000 registered users. On an average day around 3000 users visit the website with a concurrency of 500 users. However on certain event days the number of users jumps to 10000 with concurrency of 1000 plus, this is when problems happen and the site slows down considerably. The site is hosted on dedicated server with DB hosted on a separate server. We are presently using Joomla CMS + Fireboard forum. Iam evaluating vBulletin as an option . I want to know what will be the bandwidth usage if I use vBulletin forum and also what is the recommended server config for handling high traffic event days.

Regards
    Randhir

It depends on whether they use avatars, if you store files in the database, what kind of files are uploaded... In my case with around 5,000 visits per day, I use about 250gb per month, BUT all images posted are only from external sources (imageshack, etc) I don't store them in my database (which is currently around 300mb, pure text).

So it could be anywhere from 250-500gb of bandwidth per month to a lot more if you heavily use images.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X