Good Example Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Example Forum

I'm recommending that a large pharma client develop a patient forum for a particular disease. In order to help them understand how vB works, I'd like them to participate in a large and active forum, so they can develop a feel for the mechanism. Any suggestions on an public forum, particularly health related, that is appropriate?

Thks,

5 second Google search netted this: http://www.healthboards.com/boards/index.php

Keep in mind that most large, active sites have not moved up to the latest version of VB4 and therefore you cannot see this current version of vBulletin in-use. (yet)

The site I posted above is running VB 3.8.4 - which was the last stable release of the 3.8 series prior to VB4 (currently 4.0.1) being released. VB4 is new and is going through some growing pains, there are many varied opinions on the state of VB4.

Good Luck.
    To be updated...

Comment

Veggieboards is a good example of a relatively busy vB 4.0 in action. I like what Michael has done with featuring Blogs as the front entry point to the site instead of the CMS/Articles.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Zander View Post
        Veggieboards is a good example of a relatively busy vB 4.0 in action. I like what Michael has done with featuring Blogs as the front entry point to the site instead of the CMS/Articles.
        I believe that's the largest, active VB4 site I've seen yet. Thanks for posting that; going to poke around there a little.
        To be updated...

Comment

There are larger ones, ENF. DNForum is a busier one which comes to mind right now. Others may remember some more. I posted Veggieboards, because I thought it would have been a better example for the OP to use. Mind you, pharma and veggies don't always see eye to eye, but that's for another thread and another day. lol

Comment

Veggie one seemed busier and fairly responsive. I only felt bad looking at it while eating my Roast Beef sandwhich.

Glad to see these 2 links Al. Thanks for posting them.
            My Twitterings

Comment

Healthboards is perfect. I like the Veggieboard, but this very conservative crew might gag on the content.

:-)

THANKS!

Comment

There are larger ones, ENF. DNForum is a busier one which comes to mind right now. Others may remember some more. I posted Veggieboards, because I thought it would have been a better example for the OP to use. Mind you, pharma and veggies don't always see eye to eye, but that's for another thread and another day. lol
                I do like what they've done there. Seeing some of these bigger sites rolling out, gives me some idea on the direction I would like push my sites in. I was really nervous about the CMS, but those doubts are melting away now. I really like the color usage on DNForum.com, that's spiffy to my eyes.
                To be updated...

Comment

Hmm .. does anyone know how dnforums did those custom pages ? say like what they did for "Domain eBooks" ?

Comment

Woooow. That site nailed the whole design stuff!
                    Originally posted by ENF View Post
                    Seeing some of these bigger sites rolling out, gives me some idea on the direction I would like push my sites in. I was really nervous about the CMS, but those doubts are melting away now. I really like the color usage on DNForum.com, that's spiffy to my eyes.
                    I agree. Especially after seeing a custom design as seen at http://www.shoryuken.com/ I love what they've done in there. It makes it seem like a Radio show within a forum....interesting concept. A concept I'm looking at doing someday.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X