i am planning to use vbulletin and i have a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i am planning to use vbulletin and i have a question

i want to use vbulletin and have a pay site like one i saw in a certain website. in this site it charges people to become a member so can i do i same thing and charge people and THEN CAN THEY PAY ME MONTHLY ??? in this site that uses vbulletin the users that pay monthly ,where does ALL the money go?? to the website owner??? so that would be me??? and if i want to indefinitely ban a member from my site WITH vbulletin then how do i do that?? and will this ban process work forever??? and most important---- this ban of a member from my site can NEVER get onto my site ??
    Last edited by ruby; Fri 15 Jan '10, 12:59am.

A feature of vB is subscriptions. You can set it up so that users have to pay to access some or all your forums. Any money paid will go to you (if you own the paypal account used).

Comment

can anyone else give me answers to my question in detail??

Comment

The subscriptions part is part of the default code, paying for posts would require custom modifications.

Comment

i have edited my original question so people PLEASE answer all my questions

Comment

I answered the part about subscriptions. You can set it up that members pay monthly to access specific forums or all the forums, and the money is yours. Just set up a paypal account.

There is an option to ban members temporarily, or permanently. However; like any forum software, the banning won't work if the member decides to join your forum from a different IP, and uses a different email account.

Comment

so if i have my own site with vbulletin and i want to ban a member and i can indefinitely ban him/her (by my actions) my question is --- only i can ban that person ??? no other person can somehow figure out how to be unbanned?? 2nd question --- if i have a paysite with vbulletin . what is the different methods of payment options i can have and WHICH one is the best for me to do on my site??? 3rd question-- if on my site that i do----can someone else figure out how to put up photos or banners WITHOUT my permission???? 4th question--- is it only i that can put up photos or banners with a special access code???

Comment

how do i copyright my site and what does that MEAN?? when i have a name for my site how do i keep that name for my site?? my name is WWW.something i have a domain right now and i paid for it and so what else can this domain site do for me?? MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION--- YOU NEED A MINIMUM WEB SERVER FOR VBULLETIN SO how ?? and where do i get this?? can i get this from my domain site that i signed up for??

Comment

i want to have my own website using vbulletin so WHAT are the steps needed to have a website??? i don't have a clue what to do so please help guys . so far i have my own domain name and thats it . so then what ?? purchase vbulletin .then what??

Comment

Stop the caps lock and long spam question marks.

Read the instruction manual, here: www.vbulletin.com/docs. Find everything there.
                    That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

ruby you can ban or unban anyone you want any time you want. there are IP bans email domain name bans.

you can set things up so only you can post images use vB BB code etc. go to www.webhostingtalk.com and see what people have to say about different webhosts.

Comment

Working...
                      X