Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi, I`m new here and got some questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, I`m new here and got some questions.

1. I now have SMF 2.0 RC2 forum, about 17000 posts, if I buy the last SMF, is there someone from support to help me converting the database?
    NOTE: Hope there aren't errors anymore!!! I`m tired of this free forums with thousands of errors in code after instaling a simply mod.

2. If i buy licence, how much did it last?

3. Can someone give me an exemple of a Vbulletin Publishing suite live ?

1. Go look at the threads in the Impex forum. Impex is what you would use to import your database into vbulletin.

2. If you purchase a license today, it would be a vB4 license and it would last for the life of vB4.

3. Click on the Home tab above.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

How much did this offer (with a licence for life last?)

But i heard there are some poblem with converting, is it true ?

Comment

Originally posted by V.Bogdan View Post
        NOTE: Hope there aren't errors anymore!!! I`m tired of this free forums with thousands of errors in code after instaling a simply mod.
        vbulletin 4 has more errors than i´ve ever seen
        vBulletin Services I offer: www.Todo10.com
        Technical vB/Server/Hosting support Service also!

Comment

So, do I have to stay in SMF?

Comment

Originally posted by cloferba View Post
            vbulletin 4 has more errors than i´ve ever seen

Really? I have not experienced that, maybe you just don't know what your doing.

Comment

I`m a little bit confused. So it worth to transfer to Vbulletin or not ?

Comment

Here is a list of the bugs in vbulletin 4. You should review and see if any of these are a concern for you:
                http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...sversionid=g18
                Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

I saw that there are more errors in CMS. So i think i will buy the Forum only. But, how much did the offer with licence for life last?

Comment

Originally posted by V.Bogdan View Post
                    NOTE: Hope there aren't errors anymore!!! I`m tired of this free forums with thousands of errors in code
                    I ran SMF 2 RC 1 with no errors. It just depends on if the mod author knows what he/she is doing or not. Anyway I upgraded to vBulletin 3.8.x last year and it went smoothly. I am staying with 3.8.x till the 4.0 issues with IE6 are worked out. vBulletin has a lot of nice features out of the box that SMF doesn't have.
                    The Reptile File

Comment

Can you send me where to read about Vbuleltin 4.0 Problem with IE?
                      If i want to upgrade, can you please assist me?

Comment

Do a search on this site. There are a few threads on IE6 going around. Supposedly this is going to be addressed somewhat n the upcoming 4.0.1 release. As far as the conversion goes ImpEx will walk you through the process. Just do a few test imports before importing the real site.
                        The Reptile File

Comment

Thank you very much!! I will send you a message when we can talk. Thank you again.

Comment

I said ImpEx, which is the vBulletin conversion software, has directions to walk you through the process. I don't have the free time to help on the side with conversions.
                            The Reptile File

Comment

Originally posted by rsw686 View Post
                              I said ImpEx, which is the vBulletin conversion software, has directions to walk you through the process. I don't have the free time to help on the side with conversions.

Sorry, my bad. My english is bad. Thank you again for information!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X