Performance Impprovements of VB4...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance Impprovements of VB4...

I really haven't seen this questions asked.... so i have to ask...

How has VB4 been updated to improve performance? What measures/improvements were taken to show a definite increase in performance...

Can someone go into detail on their experiences with existing sites and if they noticed improvements... or can we get feedback from VB staff on how the coding/logic/features helps performance?

Thanks

first thing...i see vb4 now uses text up a backround..to make a button

inspite on vb3, wich used gif images as buttons

this is an improvenment
    vBulletin Services I offer: www.Todo10.com
    Technical vB/Server/Hosting support Service also!

Comment

In regards to performance, if you plan on using the Suite, I've noticed some serious performance decreases. The forum's really haven't changed all that much from 3.8, it's the same forums, with a few new features and skin but fundamentally the same backend tech. The new features will decrease performance, but hardly anything measureable. These are just my experiances though.

Comment

Originally posted by stryka View Post
        I really haven't seen this questions asked.... so i have to ask...

How has VB4 been updated to improve performance? What measures/improvements were taken to show a definite increase in performance...

Can someone go into detail on their experiences with existing sites and if they noticed improvements... or can we get feedback from VB staff on how the coding/logic/features helps performance?

Thanks
        The forums seem okay, the CMS however seems to be a real issue.

With no users online and me just doing a CTRL+F5 refresh of the index page, my server load will spike from 0.08 clean up to 2.0 and higher after a couple minutes of doing the same thing.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X