Pricing Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pricing Point

Hello I am in the process of potentially making my first purchase to a VBulletin forum. I have in fact had several years experience working with Vbulletin over the years, however, never directly owned or purchased a VBulletin forum. My question is simple; how much would the estimated cost to purchase VBulletin 4.0 Forum, a domain name, host, and registration for a website. And is it recommended to register your domain name? If so, what are the benefits of doing so?

Thank you.

I would appreciate it if someone could answer my question. Thanks.

Comment

1 - vb pricing $ see purchase page for pricing
      2 - domain name - est $10 / yr
      3 - webhosting - anywhere from $10/mo to $100's/mo depending on your site popularity

4 - owning is nice (and a special name is better to visitors to remember for your site)

Comment

Hi,

• I bought vb, a domain name from name.com ($6-$8/year), and a hosting account with hostgator.com ($5-$10/month).
        • A domain name will be required to download the software from vbulletin, although that can be changed later in your user account. The IP of your hosting account might work as well.
        • So for me the total cost was about $10/M plus the cost of the software to have a forum. Obviously there are more expensive hosting options, and even a few cheaper ones.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'registering' your domain name, if you mean with the world wide web so they can find your domain name that is part of buying the domain name.

Good luck!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X