Update Pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update Pricing

yeah I'm starting to come around to the new pricing structure, I see with suite I get a never expiring license but the catch for me is how many updates a year am I going to have to buy, how much for each update, and if I pass on updates for lets say a year and I'm a patch or two behind can I update with the current patch or do I have to keep it updated as it goes.

The more I'm thinking about this the less i'm liking it, why did we have to change the pricing? All I want is the CMS and Forum, give me an option for just those 2.

ugg

Not putting my hand in the fire for it, but leased licenses don't exist anymore. Updates for vB4 will be (I think?) available for free for as long they're programmed once you buy a license.
    Usually you can patch from any version with the same version number to the most recent one (3.x -> 3.y) although my memory tells me there have been rare exeptions in the past, but I might be confused with other forum software now.
    It's not the fall that kills you— it's the sudden stop at the end.
    Learn from the mistakes of others, because you can't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Comment

I guess this is what I'm asking about
      • Indefinite software license
      • Includes Forums, Blogs, and CMS modules
      • Free updates for this version
      • Discounts for next version upgrades
      • Free forum and ticket support
      • Total value: $495
      does this mean 4.1 or the next major jump 5.0? $250 gets me what updates?

Comment

A VB4 license includes all future updates to VB4, but it will not include VB5+.

Comment

Purchasing a v4 license gets you 4.x updates untill it goes EOL.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X