Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have promised our users vBulletin, I need your help to keep this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have promised our users vBulletin, I need your help to keep this.

Hello

The problem I have.

I have 1 forum, which got pruned, I deleted our backup.
    Our older backup is 2 years old.
    We need to merge 2 post databases together.
    I tried and think I have done this, however it dose not seem right. (no new posts show on index).
    We need a news script with a difference, one side has to show it is a direct quote from another site.
    We need to use the admin login for our CMS.
    We need our template made for vBulletin 4.0.0

My questions, Can anyone help?
    is there a place to test these?

I don't want to jump in blind.

Sounds like you are merging the entire databases. I would only merge the post and thread tables. Then you could use the admin control panel to rebuild the thread cache, etc.
    The Reptile File

Comment

That is what I have done.

you can check out the forums, using phpbb3. here http://forums.runehints.com all posts are there. the dates are not right on the index to the categories

Comment

Didn't realize you were running phpbb3. There probably is a thread cache which is why they are not showing on the index. You should be asking that on the phpbb3 site.
        The Reptile File

Comment

They are not intrested, which was why we are looking to switch forums...

There was 2 options, IPB and Vbulletin our members are looking at vBulletin the most.

However, we need to get a few things inplace first, my pre-sale questions again stated as;

We need a news script with a difference, one side has to show it is a direct quote from another site.
          We need to use the admin login for our CMS.
          We need our template made for vBulletin 4.0.0

My questions, Can anyone help?
          is there a place to test these?

I don't want to jump in blind. So is there anyway I can use someones forums to test? or use a demo to test or something?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X