Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Additional user information

Hi there,

I'm used Vbulletin back in its infancy (version 2.1, I believe), but have handed that site over to other people.

Now, I've been asked to build a community site, and the new CMS version of vB seems to do everything we need, with one minor exception... Two questions, really: We're hoping to use vBulletin as our member's database as well: Members would be able to enter their (mailing) address and telephone number, which needs to be visible to administrators, but to nobody else (for data protection, etc).

I guess my questions are: (1) Is it possible to add extra fields to the user profiles, and define whom these are visible to, and (2), is it possible to set an 'expiry' date on a membership? Say our members pay for an annual membership, can they revert to 'unpaying member' after a certain date?

Looking forward to your replies - if the answers are what we're looking for, I'll order my new licence soon!

Thank you,

~ H

1) Yes u can build hidden user profil fields. U can show this information on the board with a seperate templateedit to thos usergroups who are allowed to see.
    2) there a two ways: u create a own Usergroup with special permissions for this group or u can use the subscription manager (incl. in vB 4)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X