Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hornstar6969
    replied
    Honestly right now at this point in time.....upgrading to 4 is not the best idea.....ask me again in a few weeks and I might change my mind.

Leave a comment:

• SiteWolf
    replied
    I'm still sitting at 3.6.4 as we've just not had the time to upgrade.......but my leased license is about up. So what are you guys saying...4.0 isn't the significant upgrade it's version number would indicate? How about the full suite, is that worth the extra money? I'll be honest, some of the content management, etc, I'm seeing in the suite are things I could use....but not if they're no better than free open source stuff I could put together....I just like the idea of already being integrated.

Leave a comment:

• mariohn
    replied
    and the main change Higher Prices

Leave a comment:

• nexialys
    replied
    what's new in 4.0 ??.... the version number

Leave a comment:

• the geek
    replied
    Originally posted by 123456789101112 View Post
    What has changed in vBulletin?
    The management
    Most of the developers
    The record for most known issues in a gold product.

HTHs

Leave a comment:

• Shamil.
    replied
    Originally posted by 123456789101112 View Post
    Hehe thanks for spelling it out for them. My mistake in assuming people would view the link :P

Is this an official list of changes? They appear to be rather minor to me. If the entire forum was re-written maybe that's a good place to start looking for additions. Maybe it was re-written to make it more secure?
    If anything, I certainly don't think it is more secure!

Leave a comment:

replied
    Hehe thanks for spelling it out for them. My mistake in assuming people would view the link :P

1 SEO Friendly URLs
    2 Redesigned UI
    3 Asset Manager
    4 Improved Search
    5 Greater Customization
    Is this an official list of changes? They appear to be rather minor to me. If the entire forum was re-written maybe that's a good place to start looking for additions. Maybe it was re-written to make it more secure?

Leave a comment:

• lim (x³-7x²) = ∞
    replied
    s0lidgr0und, he mention in other thread he is interested to see changes in forum product

Leave a comment:

• Bounce
    replied
    100+ queries on the cms

Leave a comment:

• s0lidgr0und
    replied
    It was a tongue-in-cheek response.

In the other thread you posted, you listed a lot of features and which of them were already in 3.x. You've obviously read up on the entire situation. From what I can see, the CMS and Blog are the new features in the new release. It looks cleaner out of the box, the coding is different, etc.

I don't think it'll do your laundry, balance your checkbook, or wax your car, though. DOWN WITH IB!!

Leave a comment:

• lim (x³-7x²) = ∞
    replied
    s0lidgr0und, this is list of all features, most of wich was already in vb3, he is asking vb3 forum -> vb4 forum changes. The only list we have from frontpage:

1 SEO Friendly URLs
    2 Redesigned UI
    3 Asset Manager
    4 Improved Search
    5 Greater Customization

IMHO this features (except may be Asset Manager) are still unfinished, like design didn't work in many browsers, and search is downgrade from vb3 (if you dont need to search on blogs/groups).
    Last edited by lim (x³-7x²) = ∞; Tue 5 Jan '10, 5:27am.

Leave a comment:

• AntonLargiader
    replied
    That's not a really useful link. He's asking what is really NEW? Most of the features listed on that marketing page are present in VB3. I'm wondering the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• s0lidgr0und
    replied
    http://www.vbulletin.com/index.php?do=features

Leave a comment:

started a topic What is new with vB4?

What is new with vB4?

I hope staff, a salesperson or someone that actually knows what they're talking about can answer please. I made this post a few weeks ago with no real answer.

The question was; What has changed in vBulletin? (please read the post)

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...n+Applications
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X