Confusion on the Forum License.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confusion on the Forum License.

Hi, I wish to purchase the forum s/w v 4.0. But I have a slight confusion. Do I get an unlimited license, I mean unlimited in terms of years. Or is the license I buy for $195 just for an year?

Pls help!

thanks

it is for the life time of 4.0

correction you purchase for that price and you can run it forever.

when 5.0 comes out you pay to upgrade to that but only if you want to upgrade.

Comment

ok. thank you. One more qn. How long is the v 4.0 released? Is it a good version? Is it possible to buy older versions?

Comment

Originally posted by sippsin View Post
        ok. thank you. One more qn. How long is the v 4.0 released? Is it a good version? Is it possible to buy older versions?
        v4 went gold and was released on Monday December 21, 2009... It's good but still has alot of bugs... No but you can purchase v4 and you get access to older versions so you can choose to install older version..
        ------------------------------------------
        Steve
        DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
        CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
        TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
        Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

ok. Thank you.

I am pretty new to vB. So could you please help me with the stable version before 4.

And once I install a previous version, can I upgrade it to vB4 whenever I need? Pls help.

Thanks.

Comment

We expect to see vBulletin 5 in about 10-15 months.
            Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
            VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
            vBulletin Hosting and Services
            Server / Website Consultation

Comment

Originally posted by sippsin View Post
              ok. Thank you.

I am pretty new to vB. So could you please help me with the stable version before 4.

And once I install a previous version, can I upgrade it to vB4 whenever I need? Pls help.

Thanks.

the latest stable version is 3.8.(something) and yes you can upgrade whenever you want.

Originally posted by deuterium View Post
              We expect to see vBulletin 5 in about 10-15 months.

this is NOT set in stone and untill i see the roadmap with 5.0 included i will not believe it till i see it posted by a vB team member.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Anime View Post
                this is NOT set in stone and untill i see the roadmap with 5.0 included i will not believe it till i see it posted by a vB team member.
                Roadmap for vB5? No. vB5 is expected to come as a Big Suprise!

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Anime View Post
                  the latest stable version is 3.8.(something) and yes you can upgrade whenever you want.
                  I mean, it should be a free upgrade for me right, since I am buying vB4

Comment

Yes, sippsin, that is correct. You can upgrade to vB4 Forums free (after your initial 4.0 purchase you mentioned). Once vB5 is released, you can still run vb$ for as long as you need to, but will not be eligible for upgrades without further purchase.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X