X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cannot log in

hey

i dont know if this it the right section to post but am having a problem that i cannot log in to my vbulletin members account

i thought i lost the password so i recovered it but still i cant log in

please help me with this

Thank You.....

Does it tell you that you have successfully logged in to only show you as logged out?

Could be two issues:

1) You need to reset your cookie path and domain. From the do_not_upload folder grab the tools.php and upload it to admincp folder. Make sure init.php is in /install/ folder. Point your browser to tools.php and reset the cookie domain and path from there.

2) You're missing the "www" from your url. Type it in and try again. (or the other way around)

Comment

Originally posted by nickp View Post
      Does it tell you that you have successfully logged in to only show you as logged out?

Could be two issues:

1) You need to reset your cookie path and domain. From the do_not_upload folder grab the tools.php and upload it to admincp folder. Make sure init.php is in /install/ folder. Point your browser to tools.php and reset the cookie domain and path from there.

2) You're missing the "www" from your url. Type it in and try again. (or the other way around)

i have done this but still the same

and when i put my customer number and password and press log in it ask me again

and what do you mean by this??

Comment

Originally posted by creative-friends View Post

i have done this but still the same

and when i put my customer number and password and press log in it ask me again

What browser are you using?
        For IE : Tools > internet options > delete cookies > Yes > Save > click the red x > double click on the same browser

For FF: Tools > options > privacy > remove individual cookies > save > click the red x > double click on Fire Fox
        Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
        Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

Are your browser's cookies turned on?

Comment

Originally posted by creative-friends View Post

This has to do with the cookie domain.
            Depending on what it is set, sometimes http://www.yoursite.com and http://yoursite.com will not retain the login.
            On my site, a lot of users have it bookmarked w/o the "www", so when they visit and login, it says "Successfully logged on" then redirects them to the homepage but adds the www and they're still logged out.
            If they manually take out the "www" it will show them as logged in again.

If i remember correctly you should set your cookie domain as ".yoursite.com" (with the period in the beginning)

Comment

Originally posted by nickp View Post
              This has to do with the cookie domain.
              Depending on what it is set, sometimes http://www.yoursite.com and http://yoursite.com will not retain the login.
              On my site, a lot of users have it bookmarked w/o the "www", so when they visit and login, it says "Successfully logged on" then redirects them to the homepage but adds the www and they're still logged out.
              If they manually take out the "www" it will show them as logged in again.

If i remember correctly you should set your cookie domain as ".yoursite.com" (with the period in the beginning)
              He's trying to log into this site's members area. Not his own site
              Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
              Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

oh...duh. Sorry

Comment

Please post in the proper forum for support in the future.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X