Known Bugs with 4.0 Suite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marinelife View Post
    I have no issues with the forum or CMS, it does what I need without errors.
    that's what I'm hearing from my friends/clients as well
    it's working for them, and nothing show stopping.
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra View Post
      Too many bugs to count at the moment... if you can, you may want to wait. I personally think I should have held off and waited for vb5 as I'm afraid that it will be released not too long after the bugs in vb4 are finally fixed. That's just speculation on my part until I see the roadmap from Don.
      That would be frustrating to wait until vB5.
      I recently paid for the renewal to ensure I had a current license, then I paid a fairly large fee for the life of vB4. I'd hate to think I won't be able to use vB4, and will need to pay for vB5 without ever having used vB4.
      As for the roadmap, if one ever does show up, I wouldn't put too much into it. vB has been a pretty big disappointment lately. I think the people who are trying to make vB better are doing a great job, but people like Ray who blow in, make a huge mess of staffing, then blow on out with their pockets full of our money - those people seem to be here to stay. I am amazed at the lack of response from senior staff here. This would not have happened in the past.
      Cliff
      PathLabTalk
      Square Wheels Cycling

Comment

So should I stop using my iphone, Windows, Mac and all over Computers and software because of bugs. Everything has bugs there is no stopping it.

Comment

My iphone worked more or less perfectly out the door
          vb3 worked almost perfectly out the door
          vb4 does not work anything close to correctly out the door.
          Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Lots of bugs that I shredded my idea to relaunch my site (running smf atm) , I myself discovered many bugs those are serious as per my views (may sound not so big to others) and finally after lots hectic days, I decided to give up. I don't see any hope even with 4.0.1 .

Worst thing is the silence of team members on the issues..
            Shayari | Indian Forums - Indian Community

Comment

agreed
              Originally posted by reeve of shinra View Post
              my iphone worked more or less perfectly out the door
              Shayari | Indian Forums - Indian Community

Comment

delete
                Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra View Post
                  My iphone worked more or less perfectly out the door
                  pretty much sums up my experience to date.

Comment

I am getting the picture though that a lot of the complaints are from people trying to upgrade or transfer data from another forum to 4.0 and finding a lot of problems because the software has yet to be polished properly. Or more technically savvy people wishing to do more complex things with the forum and suite. I being a first time user of vbulletin pretty much want to install and use the suite package as it is at face value. Just install my own banner header and insert some rotating banner ads and that's about it maybe try skinning it, i know nothing about php but i managed to change skins with a free forum without problems. Using a advertisers skin may be a different story i don't know! So i am expecting any problems with bugs to be minimal or am i wrong? What is a bug or what is not seem to be getting muddled together from what some people are posting here. I have looked at a lot of nice working sites already using the 4.0 suite and they have achieved some nice things with it already. Is this site using a skin? http://www.evisystems.org/ I noticed it looks nice and tightly packed together. There is no guarantee that 4.1 or 4.2 will be released at all next month of course and this will continue in stages anyway for those people who decide to wait. I do know someone with a earlier version of the forum that used a complete vb skin that lost everything when they upgraded to 3.8 i think the skin went and posts i am not sure now. I was wondering how the upgrades will effect 4.0 as a first time installation.

Comment

A Bug?

I just made 2 new posts here and noticed despite me properly paragraphing my piece it has all posted together with the other being my vBSEO and other features thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Shotglass View Post
                        I just made 2 new posts here and noticed despite me properly paragraphing my piece it has all posted together with the other being my vBSEO and other features thread!
                        What browser are you using? VB4 is unreliable on a few browsers.

Honestly I'd recommend it if it's your first website and you're technically minded (if not a professional). If you already have a community, then I'd think twice about it because many things can break on upgrade and you better know how to fix it. Only you can decide, however. Yeah, it has bugs, but the CMS basics work, the forum is excellent(probably still the best out there), and it can't get any worse than it is now =)

That site you posted is using some customization, it looks nice.

And Patches are coming in January, so if you don't HAVE to have it right now, you can ask for a second opinion in 2 weeks. If you buy it now, be ready for some frustration, but I think it can all be solved with some effort.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X