Known Bugs with 4.0 Suite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Known Bugs with 4.0 Suite

I am about to purchase the forum and cms together but can somebody tell me what bugs i can expect to surface from my first installation or point me to a relevant thread? I noticed a bug on here sometime back so i have experienced one anyway.

Check here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/project.php

Tons of bugs for the Forum. None Software-Breaking, but all annoying. This wasn't even close to being gold-released. CMS is worthless right now, and not sure about the blog since I don't use it.
    Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

Too many bugs to count at the moment... if you can, you may want to wait. I personally think I should have held off and waited for vb5 as I'm afraid that it will be released not too long after the bugs in vb4 are finally fixed. That's just speculation on my part until I see the roadmap from Don.
      Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Yeah... vb should have never went Gold... way too many bugs. You can't even put the CMS as index and keep your subdomain forum intact.

Comment

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra View Post
          I personally think I should have held off and waited for vb5 as I'm afraid that it will be released not too long after the bugs in vb4 are finally fixed.
          IMHO, with the amount of bugs in v4, I dont think we will see v5 in 18 months as Ray had stated.

Comment

I have no issues with the forum or CMS, it does what I need without errors.

Comment

Originally posted by 0ptima View Post
              IMHO, with the amount of bugs in v4, I dont think we will see v5 in 18 months as Ray had stated.
              Dont count on it, they could release minor feature releases along with the bug fixes.
              http://www.consolemods.se

Comment

I'm worried that vb5 will be like vb4 -- a work in progress, not a completed and ready to ship project.
                Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

I'm worried that vb5 will be like vb4 -- a work in progress, not a completed and ready to ship project.
                  I agree with you, only I don't worry about it... From my opinion, they didn't have a Gold release. This happened for some unknown reasons, but it should have been more RC's until the end of January or until they worked out their issues.

For me, I have learned from this release to not pre buy anything else from them or trust them to release a "Gold" product on time... There is a lot of people posting about "bugs" that aren't and then there are a high number of issues that ARE bugs in my opinion and the VB Team is silent in a lot of those threads. Honest, open communications don't seem like the way for this company and I will take that into account with my next purchase of the next release.

Comment

I hope they listen to us and get work done faster and let us know what is happening. With the amount of work needed to be done, they need a better customer service team to inform and help us and a seperate coding team to get things done on time. Also a better design team to make the software and vb website look better and easier to navigate. I'm still very optimistic about the company.
                    www.christianforumsite.com
                    sigpic

Comment

The cms and forum seem to work fine for me on here as far as i have used it i noticed one bug on the forum where something was going off the edge of the page a reply button or something. I want to get my site up quickly i already put it off a year as it is. I would be a brand new customer to vbulletin as well.

Comment

It was really bad timing to release a buggy Gold.

This is probably maximum up time for forum nerds avoiding families, with maximum downtime for employees.
                        Hmmm. Cheese.

Comment

If vB4 isn't what I want I won't buy vB5 and I will move to another product.
                          Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

The more new site links i see using the cms package the more i want it i was originally going to go with fusionbb. Would it be fair to say a lot more people are experiencing issues with upgrading to 4.0 rather than running the new package from scratch? I think if somebody's forum is wiped as a result of upgrading the vb team should honor some sort of compensation without a doubt. I cannot wait so i will have to purchase the cms suite and hope it's adequate enough in working form to build up my traffic.

Comment

Read the list of bugs open in the 4.0 bug tracker. You may want to wait unti 4.0.1 comes out on 1/7 and see how things are shaping up then
                              Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X