Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intergration with WPMU

Hello;

I'm wondering if anyone has done a VB integration with Wordpress MU. I really want an all in one community solution, but I don't think your blog platform is advanced enough for my needs. The forum software on Wordpress MU isn't nearly advanced enough.

Is there any reasonably simple way to integrate VB with WordpressMU, so they can share login's and other information? I don't mind paying for some custom development, but I don't know if this is even something that is within the terms of your license (or if it is reasonable to accomplish from a technical standpoint).

I suspect the answer is going to be that it is many thousands of dollars to make this happen, but thought I would ask anyway.

Thanks
    Jamie Dolan

p.s. Would it be possiable for me to test out / explore the features of your blog software? It does not appear to be enabled on my account.
    Jamie Dolan
    Neenah, WI
    My VB Forum: Paw Dogs

This can probably be done - however, it's going to be better off asking at www.vbulletin.org where the non official hacking/coding goes on, as vb.com doesn't support custom code.

Comment

There is a thread over at vb.org, I believe it was a 3.8 thread, they got the bridge to work with WP, but WPMU had problems if I remember correctly. Give a search over there like Andrew suggested and you will find the thread I am talking about.

Comment

There is a bridge for Drupal.

With Drupal you could create all sorts of advanced content types for your bloggers.

It is for 3.8.

It is maintained by one of the top Drupal module developers.

http://drupal.org/project/drupalvb
        Hmmm. Cheese.

Comment

There is a bridge for Drupal.
          Drupal =/= Wordpress.

Comment

Originally posted by icarusforde View Post
            Drupal =/= Wordpress.
            He said the WP MU was not nearly advanced enough for his users.

So I suggested Drupal, for which there is a 3.8 bridge.
            Hmmm. Cheese.

Comment

here is a thread at vBSetup that one of the WPMU devs was talking about a bridge, this is the only case I've seen a WPMU=VB bridge being discussed.

PS.. you can sync your users from your forum and WMPU blog with IP.Converge, but that's with IPB, not vBulletin.
              -- Web Developer for hire
              ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

If it is a multi user blog, and the guy is concerned about it not being advanced enough, he really should consider Drupal for the CMS.

I like WP, but for scalability, fine grained permissions and the rapid customization of a variety of content types... Drupal is way better.
                Hmmm. Cheese.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X