Clear All

• icarusforde
    replied
    That is still quite a lot, I myself don't even charge near $50 for uprades
    Nah, hardly. :P

Leave a comment:

• IDN
    replied
    I would read up on the documentation. It's better to install it yourself so you can learn how to run a board.

Create the MySQL Database (Most likely using a web control panel)
    Upload the vBulletin files.
    Change the config files.
    Run the install script.

Leave a comment:

• Shamil.
    replied
    Originally posted by Eqvaliser View Post
    alot of good reasons to why not to host on your own, more info here
    http://www.w3schools.com/hosting/default.asp

Alot of vb consultans charge 25$-50$ for a clean install, and 50$-75$ for a upgrade..
    but you need to find them yourself, suggest via google like socceronly said.

alternative do it yourself,
    vbulletin have a large and sometime also friendly community so "when" not if..
    you run into trouble, alot of people will be avble to respondt to your questions
    or have suggestions how to resolve your current issues.

Enjoy.
    That is still quite a lot, I myself don't even charge near $50 for uprades

Leave a comment:

• Eqvaliser
    replied
    alot of good reasons to why not to host on your own, more info here
    http://www.w3schools.com/hosting/default.asp

Alot of vb consultans charge 25$-50$ for a clean install, and 50$-75$ for a upgrade..
    but you need to find them yourself, suggest via google like socceronly said.

alternative do it yourself,
    vbulletin have a large and sometime also friendly community so "when" not if..
    you run into trouble, alot of people will be avble to respondt to your questions
    or have suggestions how to resolve your current issues.

Enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• socceronly
    replied
    Search VBulletin services in google.

There are lots of companies that will install it for you. They don't seem to charge very much.

Leave a comment:

• Shamil.
    replied
    Originally posted by Tessa View Post
    Got cha.

So i'll need someone to install this or help me install it. Get a web host. Maybe i'm not sure yet get someone to make graphics for me. I might have someone already need to hear their answer back. Also vb.org helps with customizing am I right? I will want custom made graphics. I can do my own skins.
    Yep, vB.org for all customisations

Leave a comment:

• icarusforde
    replied
    Got cha.

So i'll need someone to install this or help me install it. Get a web host. Maybe i'm not sure yet get someone to make graphics for me. I might have someone already need to hear their answer back. Also vb.org helps with customizing am I right? I will want custom made graphics. I can do my own skins.
    Cool. Understanding is the first step in working things out.

I can help with the custom graphics/installation if you like as well.
    Last edited by icarusforde; Tue 29 Dec '09, 7:40pm.

Leave a comment:

• Tessa
    replied
    Originally posted by icarusforde View Post
    Local = locally on your computer, not on a web host.
    Got cha.

Leave a comment:

• icarusforde
    replied
    Thanks i'll have to look otu for you for sure!! Yeah i'll keep in touch..*you're a lifesaver*!!
    What does local hosting mean. I'm sorry but this kind of stuff goes over my head.
    Local = locally on your computer, not on a web host.

Leave a comment:

• Tessa
    replied
    Originally posted by icarusforde View Post
    1) Plenty of people can help you install, i'm one of them if you need help.
    2) You're not hosting this locally are you? Do you have 99.9% uptime and redundancy stuff? If it's gonna be online, get it hosted right...
    3) Hostgator isn't so crash hot. I'd go with Mediatemple or someone else like that - do a bit of research as to who is the best, etc.
    Thanks i'll have to look otu for you for sure!! Yeah i'll keep in touch..*you're a lifesaver*!!
    What does local hosting mean. I'm sorry but this kind of stuff goes over my head.

Originally posted by deuterium View Post
    1. vBulletin Professional installation (+$150). You can have it done for a lot cheaper
    2. Pass your hosting details to whoever does it for you, they'll set it up
    3. Yes, you need a host, they hold the server an bandwidth etc. To recommend a few, I'd say, http://www.orangehosting.ca or anything. There are free hosters such as HostCule who offer great value. For you, I'd say that you'd want to go with someone (host) who has cPanel (the majority do) for ease of website administration.
    Yeah i'm shoppign around wow you guys are so good. We'll have to keep in touch also.

Leave a comment:

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    http://www.oxxus.net is very good. You need a host that's going to look after your site.

Leave a comment:

• Shamil.
    replied
    1. vBulletin Professional installation (+$150). You can have it done for a lot cheaper
    2. Pass your hosting details to whoever does it for you, they'll set it up
    3. Yes, you need a host, they hold the server an bandwidth etc. To recommend a few, I'd say, http://www.orangehosting.ca or anything. There are free hosters such as HostCule who offer great value. For you, I'd say that you'd want to go with someone (host) who has cPanel (the majority do) for ease of website administration.

Leave a comment:

• icarusforde
    replied
    1) Plenty of people can help you install, i'm one of them if you need help.
    2) You're not hosting this locally are you? Do you have 99.9% uptime and redundancy stuff? If it's gonna be online, get it hosted right...
    3) Hostgator isn't so crash hot. I'd go with Mediatemple or someone else like that - do a bit of research as to who is the best, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Tessa
    started a topic I wanna buy vb but...

I wanna buy vb but...

This coming New Year I have plans on purchasing vbulletin. The only problem is

1. I need someone else to install vb since I have no clue how to install this up on my own? Does anyone know where I can get someone to install this for me? To be honest I dont have the kind of money to pay vb to install this so i'm gonna pass with them.

2.How do I find out all of my Msql..IDK what it's called and whatever the other thing was installed on my computer? Will my host or vb know this? I mean i've hosted tons of other forums on my comp but I didnt like them so I dumped them.They never talked about different addons. Why would vb be any different? I mean needing different things added on.

3. Also what is a host like HostGator or whatever. Do you really need them? I dont think you do.

In other words I wanna know some stuff before I spend close to $200 on this. BTW more questions to come. Hope I didn't confuse the staff.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X