Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vb3 services renew!

Hi,

I've received an email from vbulletin, it said my vBulletin licenses or services will expire in one week. However, they said

The listed expiration is for my access to the download new versions from the Members Area. I get one year of free upgrades to vB 3.8.x with my license since one year ago.

My questions are:

1. Where could I renew the service? I couldn't find it, the renew page only shows me to pay another new license for vb4 or Branding-free Option - $170.00, Professional Installation - $150.00 for vb3.

2. could I still access to vbulletin.com and vbulletin.org to download the latest mod without renew the service?

I wish to remain as vb3.x, but couldn't renew the service for me to receive latest download or access to vb.com or vb.org for the latest mod/ upgrade download.

early reply is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Originally posted by JohorBahru View Post
    My questions are:

1. Where could I renew the service? I couldn't find it, the renew page only shows me to pay another new license for vb4
    You cannot renew. Only option is to buy vB4.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

And with buying vB4 you get access to the latest vB3 releases. Please, don't ask why it's set up like this. It's been discussed here extensively. Just use search.

Comment

Originally posted by johorbahru View Post
        hi,

i've received an email from vbulletin, it said my vbulletin licenses or services will expire in one week. However, they said

the listed expiration is for my access to the download new versions from the members area. I get one year of free upgrades to vb 3.8.x with my license since one year ago.

My questions are:

1. Where could i renew the service? I couldn't find it, the renew page only shows me to pay another new license for vb4 or branding-free option - $170.00, professional installation - $150.00 for vb3.

2. Could i still access to vbulletin.com and vbulletin.org to download the latest mod without renew the service?

I wish to remain as vb3.x, but couldn't renew the service for me to receive latest download or access to vb.com or vb.org for the latest mod/ upgrade download.

Early reply is greatly appreciated, thank you.
        you have to buy a new license
        Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
        Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

Hi,

I've received an email from vbulletin, it said my vBulletin licenses or services will expire in one week. However, they said

The listed expiration is for my access to the download new versions from the Members Area. I get one year of free upgrades to vB 3.8.x with my license since one year ago.

My questions are:

1. Where could I renew the service? I couldn't find it, the renew page only shows me to pay another new license for vb4 or Branding-free Option - $170.00, Professional Installation - $150.00 for vb3.

2. could I still access to vbulletin.com and vbulletin.org to download the latest mod without renew the service?

early reply is greatly appreciated, thank you.

1. Unfortunately Internet Brands have decided to discontinue renewals for vBulletin and have changed existing sales and licensing agreements. The only option we have is to buy a new vBulletin 4 license.

2. Since you have an owned license, your access to vBulletin.com and vBulletin.org should remain unchanged.

It is my understanding that you can continue to run vBulletin 3 series boards under vBulletin 4 licenses and you can upgrade to vBulletin 4 at your discretion. Note: vBulletin 4 has a completely revised and changed license agreement. Downloading all future updates requires you to agree to this new license agreement for that license.
          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

argh.. could I still access the download from vb.org without purchase a brand new vb4 license?

and will the license for vb4 allows me to access the download for vb3 update since I decided to remain as vb3.

many thanks

Comment

argh.. could I still access the download from vb.org without purchase a brand new vb4 license?

and will the license for vb4 allows me to access the download for vb3 update since I decided to remain as vb3.

many thanks
              Access to vBulletin.org should be unchanged for vBulletin 3 Owned Licenses Holders.

As for your second question, I honestly don't know.
              ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
              Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

thanks Josh and all for the fast reply, especially when time is crucial.
                I think I should update my vb3 to the latest before 3rd jan, and purchase when it is necessary.
                it's so painful to buy another license..

Comment

As it stands ATM :Yes,you can download.(I can't see into the future)

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

thanks Josh and all for the fast reply, especially when time is crucial.
                    I think I should update my vb3 to the latest before 3rd jan, and purchase when it is necessary.
                    it's so painful to buy another license..
                    Consider the value as well. Essentially you're buying a brand new license regardless if you upgrade your existing license or buying a new one.

Comment

This was asked many times, we can guess answer is NO, but why they don't answer it directly?

upcoming 3.8.5, 3.8.x bug fixes access costs 175/195 instead of 40/60 usd (17th October 2009)
                      http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/images/editor/smilie.gif

Comment

just note if you purchase the Suite wich has blogs, forums, and cms and you later decide you only want the forums you are SOL

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh View Post
                          Consider the value as well. Essentially you're buying a brand new license regardless if you upgrade your existing license or buying a new one.
                          vBulletin 3.x is more than 5 years old, I think.

with 40$/year for 5 years you would spend $200 for upgrades. The key questions: After some incidents and quality of support we see here, are we willing to make a decision for "up to 5 years"?

The problem is: With some limitations we seen I am unsure if 4.x will be used for many sites in december of 2014 AND the costs for upgrading to 4.0 isn't limited to this licence cost, but youmight face translation costs, have to work on a new template, etc. and that involves some costs as well. And if vBulletin 4 will be short lived the next upgrade will come with such added costs as well.

So far we don't know how long lived 4.0 can be.

If it would last for 1000 days (less than 3 years...) then it would be 25 cents / day for licence, support, upgrades, etc...

The problem is: When I bought a licence for hungarian version, I didn't expect to see support for the language droped in less than a year.
                          And now I see: with limitations to where can we put the cms, the forum and the blog parts, and other valid concerns, I don't know if vBulletin 4 will be long lived, I don't know if I have to switch to other software since vbulletin falls behind the competition (due to bad design) and if there will be any suprise changes (related to project tools maybe) from vBulletin staff that would cost me a lot. And after droping support for some languages and making customers unable to get even the last version of language pack after the move I don't see a reason to trust vbulletin staff enough to say such things won't happen.

And without such trust it is hard to make a long term commitment.
                          EnerlaNET / Elven Library forums (Roleplaying games, Gaming, irc, Cartography) - Owner / Admin
                          Cartographer's Corner blog (Maps, Cartography Tutorial, Campaign Cartographer related advice) - Author

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X