• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheElf
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike Anime View Post
    that is not what i have been reading.
    That isn't what you have been reading, but the fact that the forums might get restored (for the community) doesn't equal for any solid plans for a localized version or an official language pack. My experience from the time when vbulletin-hungary was closed down is simple: You can't even get the last working version of the language pack and has to depend on translations from the community and vbulletin solutions doesn't do anything to encourage sharing and maintaining language packs and ignore the fact how much this can cost to their customers who have trusted them.

So for vicelover the answer is simple: with past performace from vbulletin staff in mind, even if you would have an official translation now that wouldn't mean anything, and currently there are no official language pack for Simplified Chinese language. While it is possible to see community made language packs, and some of them might be uploaded to this very forum, don't count on it. Before making a decision to purchase or not, think about possible costs of creating the language pack yourself.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Anime
    replied
    Originally posted by nforums View Post
    And it won't be coming back...

that is not what i have been reading.

vBulletin China
    After much discussion with the vBulletin China team, we have made the decision to discontinue sales through vBulletin China for the time being. The official vBulletin China domain, vbulletin-china.cn, now points to forums.vbulletin-china.cn.

This decision does not reflect negatively in any way on the vB-China team. In fact they have done an excellent job taking care of vB customers in China, and members of the vB-China team are currently working with the core US development team on vBulletin 4.0.

the above is from RAY MORGAN

vBulletin China - Update

As has been stated before we have been working to get vBulletin China up and running in our data center. We have successfully done so and are now going though various tests to make sure that the forum is working correctly. Once any issues that arise are fixed we will reopen the vbchina forums. I'll post any updates that I have in this thread.
    Thanks for your support and I apologize for the delay.
    Andrew

the above was posted by andrew elkins

and here is a URL to the thread i got the quotes from. http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...42#post1883142

Leave a comment:

• jobBole
    replied
    Originally posted by IDN View Post
    CMS is severely lacking and not anywhere near what a CMS should me. They have a vBulletin-Chinese but it's down.
    Thanks very much, IDN. Maybe the vB4.0 CMS is first version, so it has a great space to improve.
    Originally posted by nforums View Post

But they do release language packs here for different languages. It's hard to say what languages vBulletin 4 will be converted to but I'm sure they have plans to release it in as many major languages as possible
    nforums, thank you very much. Because the major members of my forum is Chinese, so the Chinses lang pack is very important for me. And I am really eager to see the release of Chinese lang pack ASAP.

Leave a comment:

• nforums
    replied
    Originally posted by IDN View Post
    They have a vBulletin-Chinese but it's down.

But they do release language packs here for different languages. It's hard to say what languages vBulletin 4 will be converted to but I'm sure they have plans to release it in as many major languages as possible

Leave a comment:

• IDN
    replied
    CMS is severely lacking and not anywhere near what a CMS should me. They have a vBulletin-Chinese but it's down.

Leave a comment:

• jobBole
    started a topic Does vB4.0 CMS have these functions

Does vB4.0 CMS have these functions

hi,

I'm sorry about having posted this thread in a wrong forum -- ChitChat.

I want to buy vB4.0 Gold, but I still have some wonder about it.

1. In vB4.0 CMS, can admin set all articles must be checked and viewed by someone before they are published.
    2. Does vBulletin 4.0 Gold supports Simplified Chinese language at now ?

Thanks for any answer.