X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FROM MICROSOFT http://support.microsoft.com/gp/lifesupsps/

PHP Code:
    31-Dec-2000Ended Internet Explorer 6 Gold (Service Pack 0) on Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 331-Dec-2001Ended Internet Explorer 6 Gold (Service Pack 0) on Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 431-Dec-2001Ended Internet Explorer 6 Gold (Service Pack 0) on Windows 98 SE31-Dec-200130-Sep-2004 Internet Explorer 6 Gold (Service Pack 0) on Windows Millennium31-Dec-200130-Sep-2004 Internet Explorer 6 Gold (Service Pack 0) on Windows NT 4.0 Server Service Pack 6a31-Dec-2001Ended Internet Explorer 6 Gold (Service Pack 0) on Windows NT 4.0 Workstation Service Pack 6a31-Dec-2001Ended Internet Explorer 6 Gold (Service Pack 0) on XP Home Edition31-Dec-200130-Aug-2003 Internet Explorer 6 Gold (Service Pack 0) on XP Professional31-Dec-200130-Sep-2004 Internet Explorer 6 on Windows 2000 (any service pack)31-Dec-2001Ended Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 on Windows 200030-Aug-2002Ended Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 on Windows 2000 Service Pack 130-Aug-2002Ended Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 on Windows 2000 Service Pack 230-Aug-200230-Jun-2004 Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 on Windows 2000 Service Pack 330-Aug-200230-Jun-2005 Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 on Windows 2000 Service Pack 430-Aug-2002Not Applicable
    See NoteSupport ends 24 months after the next service pack releases or at the end of the product's support lifecycle, whichever comes first. Visit the Lifecycle page to find the support timelines for your particular product.Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 on Windows 9828-Aug-200211-July-2006 Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 on Windows 98 SE28-Aug-200211-July-2006 Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 on Windows Millennium28-Aug-200211-Jul-2006 Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 on Windows NT Server 4.028-Aug-200231-Dec-2004 Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 on Windows NT Workstation 4.028-Aug-200230-Jun-2004 Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 on Windows XP Home Edition30-Aug-200211-Jul-2004 Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 on Windows XP Professional28-Aug-200211-Jul-2004 Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 on Windows XP Professional Service Pack 130-Aug-200210-Oct-2006 Internet Explorer 6 SP1 on Windows XP Home Service Pack 130-Aug-200210-Oct-2006 Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 130-Aug-200210-Oct-2006 Internet Explorer 6 on Windows Tablet PC Edition Service Pack 217-Sep-0413-Jul-2010 Internet Explorer 6 on Windows Tablet PC Edition Service Pack 321-Apr-08Not Applicable
    See NoteSupport ends 24 months after the next service pack releases or at the end of the product'
    s support lifecyclewhichever comes first. For more informationplease see the service pack policy at http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/#ServicePackSupport .Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 217-Sep-0413-Jul-2010 Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 321-Apr-08Not Applicable
    See NoteSupport ends 24 months after the next service pack releases or at the end of the product's support lifecycle, whichever comes first. For more information, please see the service pack policy at http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/#ServicePackSupport .Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP Media Center Edition 2002 Service Pack 217-Sep-0413-Jul-2010 Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP Media Center Edition 2002 Service Pack 321-Apr-08Not Applicable
    See NoteSupport ends 24 months after the next service pack releases or at the end of the product'
    s support lifecyclewhichever comes first. For more informationplease see the service pack policy at http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/#ServicePackSupport .Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004 Service Pack 217-Sep-0413-Jul-2010 Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004 Service Pack 221-Apr-08Not Applicable
    See NoteSupport ends 24 months after the next service pack releases or at the end of the product's support lifecycle, whichever comes first. Visit the Lifecycle page to find the support timelines for your particular product.Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004 Service Pack 321-Apr-08Not Applicable
    s support lifecyclewhichever comes first. For more informationplease see the service pack policy at http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/#ServicePackSupport .Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP Professional Service Pack 217-Sep-0413-Jul-2010 Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP Professional Service Pack 321-Apr-08Not Applicable
    See NoteSupport ends 24 months after the next service pack releases or at the end of the product's support lifecycle, whichever comes first. For more information, please see the service pack policy at http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/#ServicePackSupport .Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP Professional x64 Edition28-Jun-05Not Applicable
    s support lifecyclewhichever comes firstVisit the Lifecycle page to find the support timelines for your particular product

Comment

• ANOTHER LINK http://support.microsoft.com/lifecyc...icepacksupport

i got the info above posted as best as i could

Comment

• Originally posted by schwab2clarkson View Post
        So are you with your stupid campaign
        And what campaign might that be? I never suggested petitioning a CTO, CIO or CSO.
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

So are you with your stupid campaign
          sticks and stones ..

Comment

• Perpetual repeats of the same arguments made this thread pointless to read. Not a Pre-Sale discussion either. Move it to Chit-Chat.
            Last edited by kyrgyz; Mon 28 Dec '09, 10:42pm.

Comment

• Well the thread started out pretty reasonable... the guy just wanted an IE6-compatible theme to help support his users who had no choice but to keep using IE6. The last few pages went off topic though.

Comment

• i am surprised it hasn't been closed yet.

Comment

• Google have a service where you can add a tiny bit of code in the top of your site and it makes all websites in any browser look like how it would in Chrome. This fixes the IE6 viewers problems (especially png's!!!).

The only problem is, a small plug in needs to be downloaded before it can work :/

But i suppose this is just like having to install shockwave or java or flash...

Comment

• Thing is (this has probably already been said) - I understand companies that don't upgrade, I mean - there must be some logical reasons? I don't know. I'm sure someone will be able to/has said why. Individual users.. why? why haven't they upgraded? That's the bit that doesn't make sense for me.

Comment

• Where I am in Japan right now, it is schools that are the problem. The bureaucracy for how to do things and who to approve and who to pay and whatnot means that nothing gets done except what isn't needed. I personally could safely upgrade every computer in the schools where I work and not worry, but no one would ever allow it. Since the website I am preparing is focused on people at schools internationally, I'm looking into whatever fixes I can for the people who can't help their situations.

Comment

• Originally posted by the geek View Post
                        You don't believe in statistics? Im not arguing about MS's support for IE6 or which is the better browser. I am merely making the point that right now, as I type these very words, 11% of those people on my site are using IE6. More are using IE6 than Safari, Opera and Chrome. If I provide a broken looking site to them, do you think they will become members? Do you think they will hang around or do you think (like most do when coming across a site like that) "ewww, that site needs some attention. Must not be very good".

My question to you is: Why does it matter so much? Shouldn't you expect vBulletin "the king of forums" to be able to come up with a design that actually worked in all modern browsers? Why do I get a consistent experience regardless of the browser I am using (rounded corners and all) when I visit a free forum like phpBB? Why should I HAVE to care what my users are browsing with when I use vB but I don't using any other browser out there? Why am I paying MORE and getting less? More importantly, why should it matter to you that I want IE6 support?
                        Well said, wish i'd checked about IE6 issues before upgrading, my site has been a lot quieter since the upgrade and I do get most using IE6.
                        [URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]Aviation Web[/URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]

Comment

• Originally posted by Webbstre View Post
                          Where I am in Japan right now, it is schools that are the problem. The bureaucracy for how to do things and who to approve and who to pay and whatnot means that nothing gets done except what isn't needed. I personally could safely upgrade every computer in the schools where I work and not worry, but no one would ever allow it. Since the website I am preparing is focused on people at schools internationally, I'm looking into whatever fixes I can for the people who can't help their situations.
                          You will have to nag your IT guys to upgrade the browsers. I know they probably will think and tell you all the excuses possible but you would think that they would be the leaders in modern technology then why not take the same attitude in with them and upgrade.
                          Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
                          Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

• Originally posted by smooth-c View Post
                            I mean - there must be some logical reasons? I don't know. I'm sure someone will be able to/has said why.
                            Yes,there is a logical reason,has been explained in this thread repeatedly.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

You will have to nag your IT guys to upgrade the browsers. I know they probably will think and tell you all the excuses possible but you would think that they would be the leaders in modern technology then why not take the same attitude in with them and upgrade.
                              I know it's hard to understand, but there is a serious cultural difference in the way things are run in different countries. In the place I am now there are no IT guys who make decisions, it's literally a board of almost-retired teachers who know nothing about technology who make the decisions for what "needs" to be done. What essentially happens is that vital security problems are ignored until all the computers using said software literally break down to the point where new computers MUST be bought, at which point the new computers finally have the semi-current browser. And this is in a pretty well-developed and advanced country, while a significant fraction of my target audience will be in places that are even further behind.

Again, this is just my personal problem, and the answer I have is to end up paying someone to make an IE6-compatible alternative theme, but I don't think it would be that difficult to incorporate that kind of option into the basic package as a "just in case" measure.

And just to go off topic a little bit: I've seen where upgrading from IE6 to a higher browser will result in food donations to people living in poverty around the world. So yes, staying with IE6 is LITERALLY causing children to starve, and yet people still don't do it.

Comment

• please DNFTT

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X