X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    Originally posted by 0ptima View Post
    My university leased all of it's PCs, so it always had the latest stuff on that front. However, the backbone of the university ran COBOL on a mainframe.

So I do know what I am talking about. Only you and those who continue with this "IE6 is the best browser to use" campaign think that it is funny to keep it going. Two words Grow up.
    IE6 sucks, but I have no choice but to use it at work. Certain enterprise apps do not work well with newer browsers.
    Who cares? Obviously you need to get a serious petition signed for them to change the browsers and upgrade. If they continue this boring campaign you will have the same arguements with everyone everywhere you go.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Anime
    replied
    IE6 sucks, but I have no choice but to use it at work. Certain enterprise apps do not work well with newer browsers.

thats because of people refusing to code for new browsers to keep up with the times

if the internet was regulated and had set standards we wounln't even need threads like this

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    I rest my case.

Leave a comment:

• 0ptima
    replied
    Originally posted by schwab2clarkson View Post
    My university uses the latest version of everything, Optima.
    My university leased all of it's PCs, so it always had the latest stuff on that front. However, the backbone of the university ran COBOL on a mainframe.

So I do know what I am talking about. Only you and those who continue with this "IE6 is the best browser to use" campaign think that it is funny to keep it going. Two words Grow up.[/QUOTE]

Leave a comment:

• kyrgyz
    replied
    A little of fantasy thinking here: I envision days when there will be 3-D monitors. Industry is already working on 3-D tv sets. Imagine browsers being used for delivering 3-D content over the net like netflix. IE6 will be by then a prehistoric fossil. After seeing Avatar I am sold on 3-D stuff. Did you notice transparent concaved monitors and 3-D mock-ups of the terrain in the command room? Forgot to mention portable detachable monitors that hold screen data while being carried between computers.

Imagine you open your browser and objects just leap out of the monitor to surround your visual surrounding. Like "You've got mail" pop-up right around your left eye. Wow...

Leave a comment:

• Mike Anime
    replied
    you know i am surprised no one is saying we need to cater to those useing an 800x600 screen resolution with the IE6 issue.

my point here is if we as webmasters or the IB/vB team catered to every browser or screen res. they would be taking 10 years to code the product.

my site does support IE and FF based browsers maybe not the forums but the galleries do i use msie.php and firefox.php and that alons is a PITA because every time i add content i have to edit two files. now imagine if i catered to different browsers and screen resolutions. i would be editing hundreds of files instead.

i can't help what my forums look like in IE6.

i think it is funny though through all the years i had forums on my site i have more members now that IE6 is NOT supported than i did when IE6 WAS supported. even when my sister site was open i had less active members and thats back when IE6 was brand new!

i am not so closed minded i thing people need to use IE8 but the new standard for MANY PAY SITES is IE7

LOts OF shockwave and flash sites say to use IE7 or FF2.5 or above veoh, crunchyroll and even some social netweorking sites reccomend IE7 are they all wrong aswell? there are a good many other sites useing the IE7 logic that i did NOT post but those are sites i do not go to often for no other reason than they hold no intrest for me.

for that matter even banking websites state you need to use IE7.

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Funny because nearly all windows based pcs have the latest version of everything.
    Get with the times buddy.
    I still know corporations who use COBOL, FORTRAN and old 1980 UNIX systems for Payroll

Leave a comment:

• aceofspades
    replied
    It would be really nice to have some input from the VB team on this.

Leave a comment:

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/12...-upgrade-from/

Leave a comment:

• the geek
    replied
    Tell them to upgrade. If they don't they like those who use IE6 on here are stubborn and do not help when they attack other people who upgrade to the latest browser.
    IE 6 is too old and isn't going to be supported. So I strongly suggest to those who continue to attack others who have upgraded to grow up and get a life.
    By harbouring a fantasy that by presenting a broken down looking site to visitors that you will alone inspire them to upgrade? even if they can't? We don't all have such visions of grandeur, some of us just don't want to look like idiots to 11% of the internet

Leave a comment:

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    Originally posted by the geek View Post
    I just bought my Mother in law a brand new net book. Came with Windows XP pre installed. Wouldn't call that the latest version of anything
    Nah that's not new. Me thinks you went to a second hand place and asked for xp to be installed. Most of them these days come with windows seven pre-installed.

Leave a comment:

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    My university uses the latest version of everything, Optima. So I do know what I am talking about. Only you and those who continue with this "IE6 is the best browser to use" campaign think that it is funny to keep it going. Two words Grow up.

Leave a comment:

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    Originally posted by Turbosport View Post
    My IE6 users are complainign like mad too.
    Tell them to upgrade. If they don't they like those who use IE6 on here are stubborn and do not help when they attack other people who upgrade to the latest browser.
    IE 6 is too old and isn't going to be supported. So I strongly suggest to those who continue to attack others who have upgraded to grow up and get a life.

Leave a comment:

• 0ptima
    replied
    Funny because nearly all windows based pcs have the latest version of everything.
    Get with the times buddy.
    I guess you have dont have experience with large corporations. Many require Windows XP and IE6 in order for their enterprise apps to function properly.

Leave a comment:

• the geek
    replied
    I just bought my Mother in law a brand new net book. Came with Windows XP pre installed. Wouldn't call that the latest version of anything

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X