X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the geek
    replied
    Forward thinking is not exclusionary thinking Mike.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Anime
    replied
    Originally posted by the geek View Post
    Are you guys seriously going to go have a heart to heart with the amount of IE6 users out there?

IB should get a designer from phpBB to redo the skin. Their style is tabless and somehow magically works on IE6. Hell, it even looks the same on IE and FF rounded corners and all! I never thought i'd see the day where phpBB trumped vB.
    thats because vB is forward thinking not backward thinking.

i know why people get frustrated by being told to upgrade their browsers but honestley it is really simple to do and i wonder what other upgrades from windows they are ignoring. i find that a LOT of people not taking an IE upgrade are also neglecting securety patches for windows aswell.

Leave a comment:

• the geek
    replied
    Are you guys seriously going to go have a heart to heart with the amount of IE6 users out there?

IB should get a designer from phpBB to redo the skin. Their style is tabless and somehow magically works on IE6. Hell, it even looks the same on IE and FF rounded corners and all! I never thought i'd see the day where phpBB trumped vB.

Leave a comment:

• hitmancode47
    replied
    Quite simple really

The Cure: Dont use IE6

There are plenty of other browsers that are much more secure, reliable and dont have that problem

Google Chrome being one of them.

Leave a comment:

• cbiweb
    replied
    Originally posted by aceofspades View Post
    I just went onto VB4 from my laptop using IE6 and everything is broken. Almost to the point of it being completely unusable.

I know IE6 is the devil browser, but it is still widely used. Is it not unreasonable for it just to be useable in the browser?
    If your laptop isn't a company owned machine where you're prohibited from installing software, why don't you just upgrade IE?
    If your laptop is a company owned machine where you're prohibited from installing software, should you be surfing forums on company time and expense?

Leave a comment:

• Loco.M
    replied
    there are a number of threads reporting this.....
    they'll tell you to upgrade your browser
    Last edited by Loco.M; Thu 31 Dec '09, 7:14pm.

Leave a comment:

• orban
    replied
    I welcome the vB 4 spambots!

Leave a comment:

• aceofspades
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	3677269

This is what it looks like.

Leave a comment:

• aceofspades
    started a topic VB4 and IE6

VB4 and IE6

I just went onto VB4 from my laptop using IE6 and everything is broken. Almost to the point of it being completely unusable.

I know IE6 is the devil browser, but it is still widely used. Is it not unreasonable for it just to be useable in the browser?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X