Integrating Interface in Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Integrating Interface in Website

Alright, so to give you a clear view of my intensions, I am going to show you a little source of inspiration and a good example of what we are trying to achieve:
    http://www.d3armory.com/forums

On the above example you can see how smoothly the forums are integrated into the website. I would like to achieve a similar thing. Is this.. possible? If it is, where would I start? If it's not, what would be the best work around to create a similar effect?
    I'd like to move the User Panel out of the forums, and place it onto my own website (own interface, vb's functions).

Last question, I never really integrated a forum or anything alike before, so therefor I am asking here. In the above example, is the forum integrated in a way with include() or could it be achieved with a thing called <IFRAME> as well?

Thanks a lot.

Sorry for bringing up my post, but this question actually keeps me away from purchasing vBulletine, please give me an answer <3!

Comment

Cool site that one. Is that vbulletin?

Comment

Not vB.

@clavier - you actually have to wait 24 hours before bumping your post, just to let you know. Forum rules...

You can probably achieve the same level of integration with it. I'm not 100% sure, i don't do much skinning work, but you should be able to.

Comment

What type is it - IPB?

Originally posted by icarusforde View Post
          Not vB.

@clavier - you actually have to wait 24 hours before bumping your post, just to let you know. Forum rules...

You can probably achieve the same level of integration with it. I'm not 100% sure, i don't do much skinning work, but you should be able to.

Comment

What type is it - IPB?
            Dunno... Can't find anything in the source code.

Comment

Also, would it be possible to have 2 different copies of vBulletin (= 2 licences) but they both share the same account?

So let's say you create an account on a custom webpage I make, and both forums connect to that account DB?

Comment

You would need to have a decent level of CSS knowledge to create a fully integrated site like that one. It is possible as others have posted their sites on here in the past and the integration between different systems from a look and feel perspective.

Regarding the last post, yes you could however this may take a little bit of work to acheive properly and safely. You can discuss this further over at www.vbulletin.org once you're bought a license.
                Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                -
                *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
                - "Quick Route" Interface...
                - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

But how is it integrated? Like, include() or iframe thing? Is there another method to achieve such an effect?

and 1 more question:

Also, would it be possible to have 2 different copies of vBulletin (= 2 licences) but they both share the same account?

So let's say you create an account on a custom webpage I make, and both forums connect to that account DB?

Comment

Originally posted by Claiver View Post
                    But how is it integrated? Like, include() or iframe thing? Is there another method to achieve such an effect?
                    I've no idea, you will need to ask them although it will be possible to acheive that through the templating system with good CSS knowledge.

Originally posted by Claiver View Post
                    and 1 more question:

Yes you could however this may take a little bit of work to acheive properly and safely. You can discuss this further over at www.vbulletin.org once you're bought a license.
                    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                    -
                    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                    - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
                    - "Quick Route" Interface...
                    - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

More answers?

Comment

What answer are you looking for, exactly? With some styling work and an identical header and footer, etc, you can have a consistent layout between your forum and site. Two forums sharing the same userbase is not officially supported, but it can be done and it would be best discussed at http://vBulletin.org

Comment

Okay, I think he wants to start with a foundation to ACHIEVE that kind of interface!

OP: VB4 does almost everything I see that site do. You want a box on the side like that? Done. On top of this, reading from the release notes, you can even create your own boxes on that side, too. And the style can be "carried" over into the mainpage - assuming you buy VB4Suite which includes CMS.

However, if you want that kind of "navigation" on the top; lots, and lots of coding there. I'm sure that with time, there'll be a skin that matches exactly this.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X