X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Why on Earth would you or anyone think we are not interested in stopping piracy and protecting our Intellectual Property? That doesn't make any sense.

Something is ALWAYS done. Keep in mind that Jelsoft is not some all-powerful entity that can smite down illegal sites with a wave of it's mighty hand. The process requires cooperation from the web hosting companies and others as well.

Some sites may be hosted in places that don't respect copyright laws. Some may have purchased a licenseafter getting their warning. Some just pick up and move to another host after getting shut down. And some may just take a while to get shut down.

Thank you for your reports. Believe me, we DO follow-up within the limits of our power.

Leave a comment:

• alex902602
    replied
    I have previously run a nulled vB but that was just for a small site, I would never run something illegal on something i'm gonna put work into, That's why I purchased it.

Leave a comment:

• hitmancode47
    replied
    I dont know why it does take so long to shut a illegal site down, however I would imagine it would be red tape (As everything else is) and laws etc.

Leave a comment:

• MoMan
    replied
    1. People can null vbulletin in 40 minutes - Maybe remake the system
    That's called source encryption. It's a pain in the ass, and it's too late to switch to it. If vBulletin were not visible-source, it would be impossible to customize, and nobody would buy the new version.

Leave a comment:

• CosaNostra
    replied
    Many users on the Internet use a cracked or nulled Software and thats never end.

Piracy never die, that is the hard reality.

It have Pro and Contras see here the Post from Mike, he used a nulled version, play with it, like it and bought a license.

Leave a comment:

• Ramsesx
    replied
    Originally posted by lim (x³-7x²) = ∞ View Post
    you get files without trojans
    you get support access
    you get vb.org access
    And you don't have to fear police knocking on your door.

Leave a comment:

• Sir Nick
    replied
    Well what im trying to point out is that.

1. People can null vbulletin in 40 minutes - Maybe remake the system
    2. Nulling vbulletin has gone way up.

Leave a comment:

• lim (x³-7x²) = ∞
    replied
    you get files without trojans
    you get support access
    you get vb.org access

Leave a comment:

• MattyAsia
    replied
    Originally posted by Delifed View Post
    Well thats were people get off-shore hosting.

But what im trying to get to is that nulling vbulletin is starting to rise and it only takes about 1 hour to null and release.
    1 hour? I could null it in under 5 minutes, that's not the point... that's part of the nature of PHP, and why vBulletin is so popular, it can be changed and modded. It' not feasable to try and make it unnullable, because it's not possible without destroying the product. No mater how much effort is put in, it will be beaten, that's a fact that has to be lived with.

Well then why bother paying? Thats what im getting at.
    It's the right and ethical thing to do, and anyone who is serious about making a site or forum using this software will use a licensed version. Not to mention the support that is offered for being a real member.

Well then why bother paying? Thats what im getting at.
    If people don't pay... vB goes out of business, and then no more vBulletin.

Leave a comment:

• minimock2000
    replied
    I was running a nulled version to try it out... Apparantly I tried it out too long LOL, I got caught. But the folks here were nice enough to let me buy a license after being caught with my hand in the cookie jar. That has resulted in 28 bought licenses for vbulletin since then for my clients. They could have strung me up, but instead they made 28 more customers.

I learned my lesson but GOOD lol. Im sure there are others here that are now legal that got caught too and wont admit it.

Besides it being the right thing to do...... there is a saying ........ "The mill grinds slow, but grinds exceedingly fine" plus you sleep better at night not waiting on the email you get from the gentleman they hired to come after you.

Leave a comment:

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    Lol thats if they catch you which they never do.
    Most of us have paid for licenses on here that's why we can post.
    If you haven't bought a license and you are running boards that run and use vB.com software you will get shutdown and possibly locked up by police for piracy.

Leave a comment:

• MikeLac
    replied
    Originally posted by FreshFroot_ View Post
    Good to see another legal license holder.

However, don't get your hopes up in being big. We have LOTS of members, who think they can get rich with forums..... Majority of them do not make much. Not trying to blow your bubble here, but don't expect it will be easy. To many members here have had their dreams broken.

It's best to use the forum niche as a hobby.. at least that way you can't fail.
    Yes, that is very true. But you know why most people fail? They figure that they can throw up a Forum and put little work into it and people will automatically find it and click on the Adsense ads and they will make money. Does not work that way. They put up a Forum and have no clue how to promote it and get traffic to it. It is the same as opening up a store in the middle of the desert. I have been involved in Online marketing ventures where 95% of the people lose money. Those 95% then go on to various Forums and spend their time whining and moaning about how it doesn't work and it's all a scam. What do I do? I do all that I can to find out what that 5% does that the 95% don't do. Mainly, the 5% are willing to put in the time and effort to make it work. The 95% are the ones that do very little and jump from one money making scheme to another. The 95% are looking for get rich quick schemes where you can get rich by spending little time and effort. The 5% know that they do not exist. The 5% are willing to spend the time and effort that it takes to make it work. The 95% want to make money NOW. If they don't make money with in a week or two, then they give up and move on to something else. Always looking for short cuts. The 5% realize that it takes a lot of work and effort in order to get things going without seeing much reward for their efforts for 6 Months and even longer!

I live in a city called Wainwright. I'm fairly well known. So, my Forum is going to be a Wainwright and surrounding Communities Forum. Organizations can list their community events, businesses can post about their business, etc. A well known Realtor in the Wainwright area is going to have his own section on the Forum for Wainwright and area Real Estate. An Ask the expert type. He is very well known and has a lot of connections. But the Forum would quickly get boring if it was only about Wainwright business and community events. There will be many more topics.

Before I even think of telling others about the Forum, I am going to be very busy making many posts and creating lots of articles. First impressions! It will be a little awkward when it first launches just because there isn't going to be that many members right at the beginning. Kind of like walking into an empty building. Every Forum starts out that way. Can't have 50,000 members without getting member number 2 and 3 first! Anyone can create a Forum and get members to sign up. But the trick is to get those members to keep coming back. But the real trick is to provide the members with a lot of Fantastic information so that they can't wait to tell their friends about it. Word of mouth advertising is the best kind. Free!

I will make sure to post about my Forum as an example of how others can make a successful Forum. But that will be at least 6 Months from now. I'm one of the few that is willing to invest a tremendous amount of time in order to provide my Members with a ton of top quality useful information to make them want to keep coming back day after day.

By the way, the new features of 4.0 is what pushed me over the edge in deciding to finally start a Forum. I've used article marketing to drive traffic to my sites for several years. I'm all about Content. Useful, relevant content. The content features of 4.0 has me drooling right now!
    Last edited by MikeLac; Mon 21 Dec '09, 10:44pm.

Leave a comment:

• FreshFroot_
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeLac View Post
    This is my first post to this Forum! Been a Vbulletin user for exactly 1 day now!

I have to update my profile still. But a quick introduction. My name is Mike. I am from Wainwright, Alberta, Canada. 40 years old. Wife and a 10 yr old daughter, 8 yr old son.

I downloaded a Nulled version of Vbulletin 4 last week. Used Bittorrent.

Why did I do this? Because I wanted to purchase the Software and I knew I could not because my Credit Card was at its limit. So, I made a payment to my Credit Card middle of last week. It always takes a few business days for a payment to get credited to my Credit Card account. But I could not wait to play with Vbulletin! My payment showed up on the weekend and I purchased it yesterday. Just in time to still get in on the Pre Sale!

I downloaded Vbulletin from the Members area. I deleted the database and all of the Vbulletin files from my server (The illegal copy). Then I installed the legal version.

Why did I purchase it when I had the nulled version? Because I am treating my Forum as a serious business. I have some big plans for my Forum and it is going to grow rapidly. The $235 purchase price is going to be peanuts compared to the amount that I am going to make from my site. I have several years of experience with building web sites and generating revenue from them. Mainly from Affiliate marketing and Adsense. Oddly enough, I have no experience with Forums. I've been around Internet marketers long enough to know how they use their Forums to make money. Search Engines love Forums! Fresh, relevant and always updated content.

The Support and Members area is worth it. If I have a problem, I don't have to ask my friend to ask his friends Mothers cousin who happened to purchase it to ask Support the questions for me. When an update is released, I know about it right away and I just go to the members area to get it. I don't have to hunt for it. Not like it is hard to find an illegal copy. Just do a Google search and you'll easily find one. Also, you don't know if the illegal copy has been tampered with. Think about it. Vbulletin obviously uses the Internet. A skilled programmer could alter some of the files to run a script that passes sensitive information back to their server. I had previously created a PHP script to do just that with a Software program that I had developed. Nothing to do with Vbulletin. And I am far from a skilled PHP programmer. And it worked better than I expected!

These are just some of the reasons to purchase the Software rather than use it illegally. I could list several others.

Am I bitter that I paid for it when others download it illegally? Not at all! I had it in my hands before I paid for it. I could have continued to use it illegally if I really wanted to. Like I mentioned, there are many more reasons to pay for it other than moral values.

And before I read this thread, I had no idea that you could go to a site that uses Vbulletin and tell if it is pirated or not!

Mike
    Good to see another legal license holder.

However, don't get your hopes up in being big. We have LOTS of members, who think they can get rich with forums..... Majority of them do not make much. Not trying to blow your bubble here, but don't expect it will be easy. To many members here have had their dreams broken.

It's best to use the forum niche as a hobby.. at least that way you can't fail.

Leave a comment:

• MikeLac
    replied
    This is my first post to this Forum! Been a Vbulletin user for exactly 1 day now!

I have to update my profile still. But a quick introduction. My name is Mike. I am from Wainwright, Alberta, Canada. 40 years old. Wife and a 10 yr old daughter, 8 yr old son.

I downloaded a Nulled version of Vbulletin 4 last week. Used Bittorrent.

Why did I do this? Because I wanted to purchase the Software and I knew I could not because my Credit Card was at its limit. So, I made a payment to my Credit Card middle of last week. It always takes a few business days for a payment to get credited to my Credit Card account. But I could not wait to play with Vbulletin! My payment showed up on the weekend and I purchased it yesterday. Just in time to still get in on the Pre Sale!

I downloaded Vbulletin from the Members area. I deleted the database and all of the Vbulletin files from my server (The illegal copy). Then I installed the legal version.

Why did I purchase it when I had the nulled version? Because I am treating my Forum as a serious business. I have some big plans for my Forum and it is going to grow rapidly. The $235 purchase price is going to be peanuts compared to the amount that I am going to make from my site. I have several years of experience with building web sites and generating revenue from them. Mainly from Affiliate marketing and Adsense. Oddly enough, I have no experience with Forums. I've been around Internet marketers long enough to know how they use their Forums to make money. Search Engines love Forums! Fresh, relevant and always updated content.

The Support and Members area is worth it. If I have a problem, I don't have to ask my friend to ask his friends Mothers cousin who happened to purchase it to ask Support the questions for me. When an update is released, I know about it right away and I just go to the members area to get it. I don't have to hunt for it. Not like it is hard to find an illegal copy. Just do a Google search and you'll easily find one. Also, you don't know if the illegal copy has been tampered with. Think about it. Vbulletin obviously uses the Internet. A skilled programmer could alter some of the files to run a script that passes sensitive information back to their server. I had previously created a PHP script to do just that with a Software program that I had developed. Nothing to do with Vbulletin. And I am far from a skilled PHP programmer. And it worked better than I expected!

These are just some of the reasons to purchase the Software rather than use it illegally. I could list several others.

Am I bitter that I paid for it when others download it illegally? Not at all! I had it in my hands before I paid for it. I could have continued to use it illegally if I really wanted to. Like I mentioned, there are many more reasons to pay for it other than moral values.

And before I read this thread, I had no idea that you could go to a site that uses Vbulletin and tell if it is pirated or not!

Mike

Leave a comment:

• PharaohsVizier
    replied
    What's the point of buying a car? There is at least one successful car thief out there. What's the point of paying for cable, tons of people get away with stealing it. Honestly, you name something, and it's probably been stolen and there's at least one successful guy doing it. If you are going to talk about odds, go and steal a piece of fruit from a grocery store, I'm willing to be you won't be caught, it's a one in a billion chance you'll get caught with an apple in your pocket. You want to lower the chances more, go steal a single grape, and yes there are people who do that too, are you going to stop paying for fruit for the rest of your life because you can potentially steal grapes here and there and avoid paying?

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X