Just bought, quick easy question though

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought, quick easy question though

I just bought vBulletin (finally), and I was planning on doing a few tests before upgrading my live site obviously, then I realized that we aren't supposed to run vBulletin more than once.

The question is, does my test site count as a live site? My test site is an actual online server, so people can potentially join and stuff, but it has no domain, it is one of those sites with a temporary URL, etc. No one has ever visited the site except me, etc. Would that be allowed, or should tests only be done on like a local server?

Nope.

Your license allows you to run one public site and one private test site. (Passworded)

Comment

I had the same question a while back. You are allowed to have one test installation, in a password protected folder or subdomain.

Comment

So if I password the entire site it's okay?

Comment

If you .htaccess protect the test site you are fine.

Comment

Alright thanks so much

Just out of curiosity, suppose I didn't ask and I just went on ahead, what are the chances of getting busted, and is the consequence more than a slap on the wrist?

Comment

Didn't ask about making a test site?

You're allowed one per the license.

If you have a valid Software license, you may set up an additional test forum in order to test code, template and database modifications. To make this clear to us and our license verification procedures, place it in a directory called 'testvb' and be sure to password protect it. It must not be accessible by the general public.
              Quoted from the license agreement.

Comment

You could be contacted by Pirate Reports who act on behalf of vB Solutions.
                Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                -
                *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment