X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigwater
    replied
    Originally posted by schwab2clarkson View Post
    Why would you want to buy the suite when you only want to use the forum?
    Complete waste of money.
    For those who keep on whinging about what I say it could come back and bite you on the backside if you continue to whinge about what I say. I might be right. Bigwater, you are older than me but you aren't always correct.
    I didn't bother buying the suite as I just wanted to use the forum. I am going to be looking around for other options on vb.org that I can use with my forum
    Okay. Read S.L.O.W.L.Y. and try to understand the concept. The suite comes with support included as part of the package. The forum only option does not. He wants support, which means he has to pay an $80 premium on top of the forum only package if he goes that route. This makes the forum only package + support more expensive than the suite. So which is the waste of money? It doesn't take a genius to realize that the better deal is to buy the suite and just disable the CMS and the blogs if support for the forums is the desired goal.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Anime
    replied
    Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra View Post
    Your not allowed to question the pricing policies, threads get locked around here for that.
    talk about spreading half truthes.

threads getting locked are of the complaint variety.

The OP here was saying they were confused by the pricing wich is understandable.

so how many of your 3,000+ posts are for real help? instead of wasting our time with this sort of crap.

as to the topic at hand i got the suite and like it so far

Leave a comment:

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    Originally posted by bigwater View Post
    Well it looks like the "ignore user" function is broken in vb4, because "she's bacccckkkkkk".

He already made it painfully clear that in his case he wants to purchase support, and he want's the forum only. He's pointed out that that option is MORE expensive than the option of buying the suite and disabling the parts he doesn't need. His question is, "Can I disable the parts I don't want to use so I don't have to spend the extra money?"

Maybe he actually has a life and doesn't want to scour these forums for tidbits of support. Maybe he just wants to be able to pick up the phone. So how is it a waste of money to buy the suite which comes with support built in, if it's CHEAPER than buying a forum only upgrade + support, as long as he can disable the parts of the suite he doesn't need?

The answer to his question is, yes. you can disable the CMS and blogs if you don't want to use them.

You never cease to amaze me with your answers.
    Why would you want to buy the suite when you only want to use the forum?
    Complete waste of money.
    For those who keep on whinging about what I say it could come back and bite you on the backside if you continue to whinge about what I say. I might be right. Bigwater, you are older than me but you aren't always correct.
    I didn't bother buying the suite as I just wanted to use the forum. I am going to be looking around for other options on vb.org that I can use with my forum

Leave a comment:

• bigwater
    replied
    Well it looks like the "ignore user" function is broken in vb4, because "she's bacccckkkkkk".

He already made it painfully clear that in his case he wants to purchase support, and he want's the forum only. He's pointed out that that option is MORE expensive than the option of buying the suite and disabling the parts he doesn't need. His question is, "Can I disable the parts I don't want to use so I don't have to spend the extra money?"

Maybe he actually has a life and doesn't want to scour these forums for tidbits of support. Maybe he just wants to be able to pick up the phone. So how is it a waste of money to buy the suite which comes with support built in, if it's CHEAPER than buying a forum only upgrade + support, as long as he can disable the parts of the suite he doesn't need?

The answer to his question is, yes. you can disable the CMS and blogs if you don't want to use them.

You never cease to amaze me with your answers.

Leave a comment:

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    Originally posted by jmottle View Post
    Was that supposed to make sense?
    Yes.
    Many people look for help on the support forums. It's only those who really need to have support that pay for it.
    Why in the hell would you want to disable the use of the CMS and the Blog when in reality you need only the forum? It would be a waste of money. Just get the Forum.

Leave a comment:

• jmottle
    replied
    Originally posted by schwab2clarkson View Post
    Why would you want to do that when you can buy the forum and upload everything yourself?
    Get other people to help you as this is a site where you can get friends to do the work for you for free....
    Was that supposed to make sense?

Leave a comment:

• jmottle
    replied
    Originally posted by icarusforde View Post
    Yes, you can do this under Product Manager.

You may like them so much that you decide to use them though. :P
    great. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    Originally posted by jmottle View Post
    So I'm about to purchase a license now that the release of v4 is almost here however the pricing does not make a lot of sense to me. I really only want the forum, and I don't need the blog and CMS features, however I do want ticket support. As I have an expired license, my pricing is $210 for the suite and $175 for the forum. The forum does not come with ticket support, so I would have to add an extra $80 for that.

Upgrade Suite = $210 + FREE ticket support
    Upgrade Forum = $175 + $80 (Support) = $255
    New License Suite = $235

Given I want support it's cheaper to buy the suite. Hell it's cheaper to buy a new license of the suite than to buy the forum with support. Can I disable all of the CMS and Blog functions if I buy the suite version?

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Why would you want to do that when you can buy the forum and upload everything yourself?
    Get other people to help you as this is a site where you can get friends to do the work for you for free....

Leave a comment:

• Reeve of Shinra
    replied
    Your not allowed to question the pricing policies, threads get locked around here for that.

Leave a comment:

• icarusforde
    replied
    Yes, you can do this under Product Manager.

You may like them so much that you decide to use them though. :P

Leave a comment:

• Upgrade Pricing Makes No sense if you have an expired license

So I'm about to purchase a license now that the release of v4 is almost here however the pricing does not make a lot of sense to me. I really only want the forum, and I don't need the blog and CMS features, however I do want ticket support. As I have an expired license, my pricing is $210 for the suite and $175 for the forum. The forum does not come with ticket support, so I would have to add an extra $80 for that.

Upgrade Suite = $210 + FREE ticket support
    Upgrade Forum = $175 + $80 (Support) = $255
    New License Suite = $235

Given I want support it's cheaper to buy the suite. Hell it's cheaper to buy a new license of the suite than to buy the forum with support. Can I disable all of the CMS and Blog functions if I buy the suite version?

Thanks,
    Jeff
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X