Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal instant transfer

Hey,

I Just tried to upgrade, and It won't let me use instant transfer, it insists i do credit card or echeck! I don't want to wait 6-8 BANKING DAYS at this time of year! II wouldnt get it til Jan 5th or later! Is this a paypal or VB issue? Can you accept instant?

PayPal should go through instantly unless you don't have sufficient funds in your PayPal account. As I understand it, if you have a bank account linked but not a credit card and there's insufficient funds in your PayPal account, payments are then sent as eChecks.
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

If vBulletin's Paypal Account is still a UK account then probably doesn't support it as Instant Transfer I believe is USA Accounts only...

Trevor no Instant Transfer is different then Paypal Balance... Its a version of eCheck where you the seller get paid immediately and can ship the goods (as secured by Paypal) but then they withdraw from the buyers Paypal Account which can take a few days...

If the funds where then declined by bank then they would attempt the buyers backup source (credit card) if that failed then their paypal account would have a negative balance... But they would not take money back from the seller...

Here is link to Paypal's Definition of Instant Transfer: https://www.paypal.com/helpscr?cmd=_...lutionId=12860
      ------------------------------------------
      Steve
      DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
      CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
      TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
      Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

Originally posted by colem View Post
        Hey,

I Just tried to upgrade, and It won't let me use instant transfer, it insists i do credit card or echeck! I don't want to wait 6-8 BANKING DAYS at this time of year! II wouldnt get it til Jan 5th or later! Is this a paypal or VB issue? Can you accept instant?
        Any reason you do not want to use the credit card? I would imagine that your bank provided you with a debit card for instant access to the money in your account and that transfer with paypal is instant.

eChecks through paypal take anywhere from 4-6 business days. If you purchase on Monday, usually funds are sent on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by sweede View Post
          Any reason you do not want to use the credit card? I would imagine that your bank provided you with a debit card for instant access to the money in your account and that transfer with paypal is instant.

eChecks through paypal take anywhere from 4-6 business days. If you purchase on Monday, usually funds are sent on Friday.
          well I know there are a few banks that charge a fee every time you use your debit card... And then a few banks that you only get a certain amount of debit card transactions per month before they start charging a fee... So this maybe one reason I don't know... could be many reasons.... maybe lost his debit card... etc...

Maybe its a business account and he does not have a debit card for the business... Maybe his Business doesn't do debit cards and checks only for accounting purposes.
          ------------------------------------------
          Steve
          DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
          CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
          TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
          Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X