Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think vB is ready for the Gold release?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, for so many reasons.
    How much do you love XenForo?

Comment

Originally posted by Grover View Post
      No, for so many reasons.
      Indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfa1 View Post
        It will depend on the release itself. Not on previous betas. How can you rate something without seeing it? For all we know there are 60 IB coders working on it 24/7.
        60 and 24/7
        its a joke or?

Comment

I say yes. With Gold I get support. Without it I have to suffer through the bugs. There will always be bugs and upgrades, so why not. It is stable enough. It just isn't perfect.

Comment

When they will apply minor changes which can be applied really quickly, maybe i could vote yes. For now, no.
            Last edited by Yves Rigaud; Sat 19 Dec '09, 6:41am.

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

Forum and Blog is fine, get them out.. put a hold on the cms.
              Vbulletin fan

Comment

I think the CMS is the main issue of contention here. This seems to be the one single thing that most feel just isn't ready to be released as gold

Comment

708 confirmed (bit not fixed) bugs as of today...

When you search on these criteria on the Bugtracker:

[x] Maintenance (Bug Scrub)
                  [x] Confirmed (Bug Scrub)
                  [x] Confirmed

... on the vB4.0.x series.... you get 708 (!!!) confirmed bugs not fixed. Eek.
                  How much do you love XenForo?

Comment

Search is fubared too imo. Not like it wasn't bad before either.

Comment

I think they need several more months before GOLD!

Comment

Just have a look at the bugtracker - I wonder if a REAL Gold will be released on Monday ...

Comment

I'm forced to say no. For some people, it is ready; those like me who can deal with and fix bugs. The forums only product is probably close enough to gold as well (A few useability tweaks here and there and a few bugs with search). The suite, which is where the major work went into, probably needs a couple of extra itterations of bug fixing before It's gold worthy.

I'd also say that if 70% of people don't think its ready, then its probably not ready. I don't think IB would upset very many people if they held off the release for a week or two; at least that way more support staff can be avaliable as its not over the Xmas period
                          Some of my Mods:
                          Advanced IP Ban Manager (vb3.6+ version) - Fine grained control over blocking trouble makers.
                          Advanced IP Ban Manager (vb4 version) - Fine grained control over blocking trouble makers.
                          Use Original thread for Comments - Uses the original thread for comments for any forum threads promoted to CMS articles.
                          Custom Friendly Urls - Allows customisation of forum urls from the admin CP.

Comment

Originally posted by Grover View Post
                            When you search on these criteria on the Bugtracker:

[x] Maintenance (Bug Scrub)
                            [x] Confirmed (Bug Scrub)
                            [x] Confirmed

... on the vB4.0.x series.... you get 708 (!!!) confirmed bugs not fixed. Eek.
                            it cause they dont have time to upgrade status xD
                            vBulletin Services I offer: www.Todo10.com
                            Technical vB/Server/Hosting support Service also!

Comment

Requires much more changes and bugs too be fixed.
                              - Humans have the remarkable ability to get exactly what they must have.But there is a difference between a "must" and "want." (Jim Rohn)

Comment

I also vote no.

I am capable of fixing some of the bugs that IB seem to be throwing with their product, but I cannot fix them all.

There are far too many bugs with vBulletin 4 RC 4, starting with the style all the way up to the actual core functionality.

IB Devs need to spend much more time ironing the bugs out, yet all they seem to want is to reassure us, which is what they are not doing.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X