Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buy now (rc versions) or wait for final release of vb4 cms suite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy now (rc versions) or wait for final release of vb4 cms suite?

I have read several threads in the last two days and realized that even people going from a previous release to the latest releas of publishing suite vb4 are having some problems.

Maybe some experts and experienced people can tell me if it would be wise to wait for a later release or get it now?

Considerations would be:
    - cost hike with the final release
    - no upgrade issues that might break what I have with no solutions ( since I am no programmer )
    - losing all the work done might go to waste (other than the fact that one only learns when breaking or modding)

Please advise.
    Fayax

Buy now or buy later: same price
    If you buy it now you can practise with it until the stable release.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Originally posted by beishe8 View Post
      Buy now or buy later: same price
      If you buy it now you can practise with it until the stable release.
      Ummm no. If the price will remain the same then how come they are calling it a pre-order sale and all those advertisements about $50 off? at this link http://www.vbulletin.com/order/index.php?do=step1 so personally I think this discount will go away once the final release is released for publishing suite. Either that or the advertisement leads you to believe that.

Comment

Well it's only 2 weeks till gold release, so i really doesn't matter.

Comment

Is there a special section for the publishing suite/cms anywhere?

I would like to see the admin panel for the CMS if possible.

Comment

Buy now, and you can play with the RC in a test directory, until it goes gold.

(and for the same price, you get a little extra time to play with it through product lifespan, assuming you dont renew after 4.x)

Comment

Originally posted by beishe8 View Post
              Buy now or buy later: same price.
              I agree. Internet Brands (vBulletin) change their policies how they want in the past without caring about the customer and they will do it in the future. They want to make money and if they can get more money by saying its cheaper if you order it now and later it will cost more they will do it, no matter if it really will cost more later. They also extended the lower price-period already... what a suprise. Personally I expect them to extend this persiod forever telling us "because they like us so much"

Comment

Originally posted by Aristeas View Post
                I agree. Internet Brands (vBulletin) change their policies how they want in the past without caring about the customer and they will do it in the future. They want to make money and if they can get more money by saying its cheaper if you order it now and later it will cost more they will do it, no matter if it really will cost more later. They also extended the lower price-period already... what a suprise. Personally I expect them to extend this persiod forever telling us "because they like us so much"

pffft

Comment

We will see

Comment

I repeat,....

pffft

Comment

What do you mean with "pffft". Do you think the price will go up with the release? A lot of customers complained already about the new pricing-policy and it costs much more then the 3.8-version already. The new pricing-situation was the result of a market-anaysis (see the intern information-leak that was published some time ago) and it was made to earn more money. I don't think they can afford to make it even more expensive because they will lose more customers (the one who stay of course give them more money and it's about finding a balance).

Comment

Well I already have two forums (not vbulletin) that have been running for over 6 months and they are doing pretty good. Support is pretty good too. They were free too ... one is phpBB which is used by Gaia the largest forum community online according to big-boards.com

But for my third I was considering what is normally kown as the best but spending over $200 for the cms seems a bit steep at times when I see that the problems and issues abound just like any other forums software.

So if I am going to have to spend the same amount of time in modding and upgrading and configuring like the rest - it makes me somewhat double minded.

vB product is good..but a major sale would make it even nicer? know what I mean?
                        Last edited by fayax; Mon 14 Dec '09, 1:08am.

Comment

Originally posted by Aristeas View Post
                          What do you mean with "pffft".

pfft
                          1. Used to signify a sudden ending or disappearance
                          2. Used to signify sarcasm or disagreement
                          source
                          So, yes, thats it.

Comment

So, you think the price will go up to the release. That's no good information either for the customer and I wonder how the reactions will be on this forum (though they delete negative posts and I think my posts are close to being deleted).

Comment

Well at the end I would say I am glad I bough it when I bought it. Now its is more expensive.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X