3.8.4 and Blog to 4.0 Suite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.8.4 and Blog to 4.0 Suite

Ok, I am running 3.8.4 right now with the blog. I know that I have to purchase the suite in order to keep the blog. Can a person purchase the suite and then download the forum and blog components separately? Also, what's the outlook for converting a 3.8.4 with a blog to the 4.0 suite? The folks over at my hosting company, urljet, has painted a picture to me that it has the potential to be " very challenging" AKA - a hair-pulling nightmarish disaster. (That's why they want to charge an arm and a leg to do it for their clients...or at least justify charging) Does anybody have any insight on this? Thanks!
    Lampstand Christian Forum

Upgrading to the suite is as simple as uploading the files, taking a backup, and running the upgrade script. Not sure why they want to charge you and arm and a leg. Though I would advise you not to let them run the upgrade onto a beta product, as we do nto provide ticket support at this time for vBulletin 4.

Comment

If it's that simple, I will just do it myself. I wouldn't do it until the gold was released, however. Thanks for the fast reply.

So the upgrade script will bring the blog over to the suite too one would assume?

Comment

Yes, the upgrade script updates/installs products as nessary.

The biggest change is that your old styles will not work in vBulletin 4. But the upgrade script will bring your content (posts/users/blogs/forums/threads/etc) without issue.

Comment

Ok, thanks a bunch.

Comment

I can back Zach up on this (incase you thought it was just vBulletin staff blowing their own horn) I had vb3.8 and blogs and brought a license to the suite I uploaded all of the files like a regular upgrade, ran the upgrade script and I sitll have all my boards, posts, threads, and blogs etc.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X