Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahhh! I feel there is more too this story then meets the eye! How do we know that your not a hacker and your poking for info to see if you can get away with robbing KEYS?

Comment

What? Everyone needs to chill out. OP is asking if they are legit, nothing more. He can't do much with a vB license number unless he has the customer number and password anyways.

However, as a webhost how do you not know the URLs you're hosting? I'd fine out and submit them to pirate reports. If there is anything wrong with them, they will tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhyaehar View Post
        To be frank, if my webhoster would be sniffing through my files like that, I'd be outraged and terminate the service instantly.
        I would hope my host is doing all they could to be sure nothing fraudulent is going on with anyone who is sharing the server.
        ...steven
        www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
        bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
        "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

If you really want to know, this will be true in most cases, go to the forum page, look at the bottom.
          If it doesn't say Powered by vBulletin™ Version 4.0.0 Beta 4 Copyright 2009 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
          And the members are below 500, or it's not a very active forum, it's probably nulled.
          Then you can submit it to vbulletin, and they can check for sure.
          In the end, all you can do is guess. Someone could in theory be using nulled software on a real license too, so you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by umarsa View Post
            When i said i had a list of all sites i meant i have them in the following format:
            /home/***/public_html/
            /home/***/public_html/vb/
            /home/***/public_html/forum/
            /home/***/public_html/
            /home/***/public_html/vb/
            I dont have the URL for their sites, just the paths where they are installed. (found out by a search command)
            I have to ask, why if you are the host, are you not able to see which http vhosts point to each of the public_html directories? Such information would be available to the administration of such a server, even if it's via http log files or even the httpd config itself.
            http://data.collectiveirc.net/status/user/Jobe.png

Comment

Originally posted by Jobe1986 View Post
              I have to ask, why if you are the host, are you not able to see which http vhosts point to each of the public_html directories? Such information would be available to the administration of such a server, even if it's via http log files or even the httpd config itself.
              Im not sure how to do that simply, i have like 23 lines of what i showed you in that last post. I will try and report them all to vB and hopefully get rid of these people who are using nulled versions.

Thanks to the people who were not so negetive and were acctually helpful.

Comment

In your account configuration there should be a link pointing too each account! (www)

Comment

As far as I know, Try running the vb upgrade script, Look through their files to find it, It's in install folder, Try running the script and if it asks for a license number then it's real if it comes up with an error then it's nulled.

Comment

You can check any file, for the license number, it should be at the top.
                    Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
                    VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
                    vBulletin Hosting and Services
                    Server / Website Consultation

Comment

Originally posted by deuterium View Post
                      You can check any file, for the license number, it should be at the top.
                      I have had an even better idea. I suspended everyone that looked suspicions and have told them to prove they own a license.

Comment

Originally posted by umarsa View Post
                        I have had an even better idea. I suspended everyone that looked suspicions and have told them to prove they own a license.
                        lol

I wonder how many legit users you just f'd just to find the 1 person that has an invalid copy.

Comment

Originally posted by kyrgyz View Post
                          Why would you wanna check for that? The burden falls on vBulletin, not on you unless you are trying to get their license numbers for malicious purposes. You already told us you have full access to their files.

Could you please tell the name under which you operate a webhost, so I'll never sign up for your services.
                          Originally posted by Rhyaehar View Post
                          To be frank, if my webhoster would be sniffing through my files like that, I'd be outraged and terminate the service instantly.
                          Same here, I wouldn't be with that host very long and I'd let everyone I know how sneaky they were
                          -- Web Developer for hire
                          ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

Originally posted by Loco.M View Post
                            Same here, I wouldn't be with that host very long and I'd let everyone I know how sneaky they were
                            I would also be p***ed but its free hosting and i have never seen these guys (people on free hosting) using a legit copy.

Comment

If its free web hosting then what are you getting out of this? I dont get your thinking dude!!! I meen, what your doing isn't fare to your customers, because your paranoid the whole world must suffer, is that it? LMAO! I'm runny a VPS and I can check all web accounts and I'm sure you can too!!

Comment

He's probably running a reseller from myownfreehost.net or something.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X