Not what I expected.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not what I expected.

I realize this is entirely due to my inexperience with vB, but I got this thinking the site would already have a framework laid out as can be seen on this page: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/content.php

Note the Home, Forum, Blogs, What's New and Projects buttons at the top that link to those areas of the site.

I installed 3.8 and my site is only a forum. None of the other items are there and it looks very different, like the common classic vB forums on the net. I expected to see Blogging, articles and other features.

Will this not be available until 4 is released?

What you see here is the vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite. 3.8 is the latest stable version, but it isn't the latest version.
    Regards,
    Nick

Comment

Does 3.8 have the same functionality with the areas i mentioned, or does it only have forums?

Comment

3.x Series and below are only forums.
        4.x Series has both a Publishing Suite (CMS, Blogs, Forums) and a Forum Suite (Forums Only)

Comment

Jedric has it right. You can install a beta version of vB 4, but it is strongly NOT reccomended - no official support, the only help you will get is from fellow adventurous ppl who hang out in the vB 4.0 Beta forum.

Comment

Originally posted by skilljunction View Post
            Does 3.8 have the same functionality with the areas i mentioned, or does it only have forums?
            Before vB 4, (i.e. in 3.8), you would buy your license which consists of just forums. Then you could buy the blog add-on separately. With 4.x, the whole licensing structure has changed. There are no longer separate add-ons. You can either buy the 4.0 Forums (forum only), or the 4.0 Publishing Suite (what you see here), which comes with the forums, the blog, and a new CMS. Hopefully this clarifies for you.
            Regards,
            Nick

Comment

Yes, thank you very much for your help!

I tried the 4 beta but it wouldn't load for me. I guess that's why it's still in beta
              skilljunction
              Last edited by skilljunction; Sat 28 Nov '09, 8:37pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X