Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Support Expired Nov 24th, renewal costs $175??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support Expired Nov 24th, renewal costs $175??

I understand the new licensing structure, but let me understand this, my owned license expired 4 days ago and now to renew I must shell out another $175 to keep getting updates? Someone from the vB staff please tell me this is some kind of glitch in the accounting system because if it is not, my use of vBulletin will come to an end very soon. I won't be renewing either of my 2 owned licenses if that is the cases.

Thanks.
    Boardoo.com - Hosting, Software, WHMCS Addons, and whole lot more.
    Featuring vBLink :: The vBulletin Integration Suite for WHMCS

That is the new licensing structure you are correct - to continue to receive upgrades the $175 is correct.

Comment

Not sure what problem you have with the $ - that is not an annual fee like you have been paying now. That covers you for upgrades until v5 comes out which could be 4-5 yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
        Not sure what problem you have with the $ - that is not an annual fee like you have been paying now. That covers you for upgrades until v5 comes out which could be 4-5 yrs.
        God, I'm fed up with people who type this shizzle.

When we all brought Vbulletin, we agreed to an owned license, and upgrades for $60 a year when we need upgrades.
        We never agreed to forking out any lump sums. Which is what we are being FORCED to do (as there is no alternatives, apart from leaving vbulletin for another company).

Please, if you've got more money than sense, great. If you haven't (like the majority of us using vb for personal rather than business) then its a valid argument and disapointment.
        It's an omen...

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
          Let's clear this one up...Ray Morgan himself has said they expect to be "knocking on the door of vB5 in 12-18 months"....one can probably assume that means from the Gold release date of vB4, whenever that turns out to be.

4-5 years is way out. The company;'s new business model is now based on frequent releases.

I can't see vB4 being the current release for longer than two years.
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbook View Post
            God, I'm fed up with people who type this shizzle.

When we all brought Vbulletin, we agreed to an owned license, and upgrades for $60 a year when we need upgrades.
            We never agreed to forking out any lump sums. Which is what we are being FORCED to do (as there is no alternatives, apart from leaving vbulletin for another company).

Please, if you've got more money than sense, great. If you haven't (like the majority of us using vb for personal rather than business) then its a valid argument and disapointment.
            There was no agreement that you would get upgrades for $60 a year never ever once was there an agreement it was a service the offered - if you don't want to upgrade to 4.0 then continue running the version you have that is what your owned license is for. No one is forcing you to pay out lump sums - if you don't want to stick with the version you have now... simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
              Let's clear this one up...Ray Morgan himself has said they expect to be "knocking on the door of vB5 in 12-18 months"....one can probably assume that means from the Gold release date of vB4, whenever that turns out to be.

4-5 years is way out. The company;'s new business model is now based on frequent releases.

I can't see vB4 being the current release for longer than two years.
              Completely agree with you here - and it has been said in countless threads - I would expect to see vB5 about 2 years after vB4 goes Gold - that is what Ray has said and so I am under no illusions from that.

However things do and will change and that could be pushed out to 3 years but everything is hypothetical.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X