How long does Branding free last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does Branding free last

If I buy the branding free version and in lets say....2 years time VB5 is released, do I have to pay for branding free again if I want to upgrade to VB5 or as I have paid for branding free once, I won't have to pay for it again. I am aware that I will have to pay for the upgrade to VB5 but this question is just regarding the branding free cost.

On another note, if I buy VB4 today, can I start using the CMS and forums today or do I have to pay now and wait for the gold version

Originally posted by quackers View Post
    If I buy the branding free version and in lets say....2 years time VB5 is released, do I have to pay for branding free again if I want to upgrade to VB5 or as I have paid for branding free once, I won't have to pay for it again. I am aware that I will have to pay for the upgrade to VB5 but this question is just regarding the branding free cost.

On another note, if I buy VB4 today, can I start using the CMS and forums today or do I have to pay now and wait for the gold version
    Once you have branding free, it stays that way forever. Unless they change the policy from v4 to v5, then we can assume it'll stay as is.
    Xbox Fan-site: www.XboxCommunity.net

Xbox 360 Achievements: www.x360achievements.com

Comment

Thanks for that JV, but can a member of staff confirm this one way or another

Come on VB staff, this pre sale questions forum should be used by staff to answer the questions of 'prospective customers' so we can get a real answer

Comment

Originally posted by JVCode View Post
        Once you have branding free, it stays that way forever. Unless they change the policy from v4 to v5, then we can assume it'll stay as is.
        That's not true. Even if they change the policy from v4 to 5v or anytime in the future, you can still have your Branding Free for forever. Why? Because at the time you purchased that option, it is stated in the contract, agreement that you would have your branding free option forever so now or anytime in the future they change the policy then the new policy will just apply to the new customers. Just my thought.
        Last edited by jackph; Fri 27 Nov '09, 1:24pm.

Comment

As stated it lasts forever - when you purchase it in the members area it shows no expiry date.

Comment

Can a VB dtaff member please confirm this for me as I want to buy but want to know if this is true

Comment

Next time open a support ticket or email the staff - you have had the correct answer given to you on more than one occasion and so obviously asking on a forum isn't the place for you - I have branding free on three of my accounts and have given you the answer not to mention the others who have posted here.

Comment

Originally posted by sportsfi View Post
                Next time open a support ticket or email the staff - you have had the correct answer given to you on more than one occasion and so obviously asking on a forum isn't the place for you - I have branding free on three of my accounts and have given you the answer not to mention the others who have posted here.
                Sportsfi - Is it your time of the month pal!. Just because a forum member gives me an answer regarding a payment query doesn't mean that it is correct!!!

This forum is where I have been previously told to ask any question before I buy so as I was told this from VB staff I didnt think I would be allowed to open a support ticket because they told me to ask my questions here ok. I was expecting confirmation from a VB member of staff but havent been given one and as it is a question regarding payment, I don't think the average forum member reply will 'hold up' when VB try to charge me again for Branding free when a new version comes out.

The reason I am unsure is that you guys say it lasts for any new version but if I go through the buying process I come across this line..

"This allows you to remove all vbulletin branding form THIS vbulletin installation"

Can you see the word THIS so I tend to think that it may not allow me to have a branding free option on my NEXT vb purchase if I decide to buy another version such as VB5

Comment

No just dont see the point in continuously posting when the answer has been given to you by more than one person. But continue to be a pathetic whinger - and continue with the personal insults your nothing but a child - the answer has been given next time open a support ticket instead of a forum if you don't want others to give you the answer.

Comment

No just dont see the point in continuously posting when the answer has been given to you by more than one person. But continue to be a pathetic whinger - and continue with the personal insults your nothing but a child - the answer has been given next time open a support ticket instead of a forum if you don't want others to give you the answer.
                    You've got more of an attitude problem than me! And thats saying something!
                    It's an omen...

Comment

No just get annoyed when someone asks a question - the question gets answered and the refuse to listen to it but instead resort to personal insults.

Comment

- the answer has been given next time open a support ticket instead of a forum if you don't want others to give you the answer.
                        You obviously did not read my reply to you . If you are VB staff then you have answered my question. If you are not....and you cannot confirm it for a FACT then go and annoy other prospective customers with valid questions.

Comment

I think I have to agree with Sportsfi. If the OP doesn't want to "try to read & understand" what others members said then why did you post your issue here? If you just want a confirmation from vBulletin staff then submit a ticket or send an email to vBulletin's sale department to ask (http://www.vbulletin.com/contact.php).

And please read the F.A.Q again especially the words that I highlighted:

A 'branding free' license is available at a cost of $170 per license, in addition to the cost of the license itself.

Once you have purchased this option, you will have the right to remove all references to vBulletin from the vBulletin design templates. Note this is for one license only and is in addition to the cost of the license.

Also please note that you must retain all copyright notices within the actual product programming code (these notices do not affect any visible vBulletin pages). Note also this does not allow you to rebrand the software with another name. It only allows you to remove the vBulletin copyright information.

The vBulletin branding-free license concerns the removal of visual branding. The branding-free package available from the members' area does not remove comments or variable names within the program code that mention vBulletin.

You may change the logo without purchasing this option.

For complete information, please read the vBulletin license agreement. If you require any further information please contact our sales team.
                          The branding free option is just like an "add-on" to one of your license. So no matter what your license's version you will upgrade to it is still that license and the branding free option still sticks with that license. So why are you still asking if the "branding free option" lasts forever or not after you upgrade your vBulletin in the future?

Finally, you do not satisfy with any answers of members here then why not read the F.A.Q again? "For complete information, please read the vBulletin license agreement. If you require any further information please contact our sales team."

Comment

Oh no Jack you're not allowed to post helpful posts here you will be ridiculed - shame on you for helping. Lol sorry dude just had enough of people who post on forums but don't want the general public who know the answers to post the answers it's kinda ridiculous.

Comment

I wish the branding free was included in the suite version... but that's wishful thinking.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X