This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nulled copy use

Sorry, this isn't really a pre-sale question, but I don't know where else to post this. One of my friends runs a site using vBulletin, and with his current cash state, I don't think he could afford vB so I am thinking he is using a nulled copy. Before I report him, could I ask what you do when you find out someone is using a nulled copy? Do you just ask them to remove it and then if they don't, take legal action? I just don't want my friend to get into trouble.

Originally posted by Joshua Mayer View Post
    I just don't want my friend to get into trouble.
    if you dont want your friend to get into trouble then why you want to report him?

Comment

There is a reporting tool aso for things like this

Comment

Well, just forgot I said that I reported him. I just want to know what will happen if he keeps using the nulled copy.

Comment

hello,

there are two things possible here

1) vBulletin antipiracy agent will check if there is a valid licence for the site mentioned

a) No licence (pirated copy) He will be contacted with the question to either buy a licence or remove vBulletin from his site (and destroy the database)

b)if he doesn't buy a licence (and continue to use vBulletin) legal action will be possible but it requirers the cooperation of law enforcement ,hosts etc etc vBulletin cannot take down an illegal copy with a waive of it's mighty hand ...

c) exact details about antipiracy things will never be provided (forbidden by privacy law)

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Mayer View Post
            Well, just forgot I said that I reported him. I just want to know what will happen if he keeps using the nulled copy.
            if you 'friend' keeps using it, expect full legal action when they find it. Also, there's a good chance his web hosting will close his account for using illegal material. Oh, and his cherry will be taken when he's in the slammer.
            It's an omen...

Comment

Ok thanks

Comment

Can we have some sort of sugary reward system, for example we get a free lolly pop mailed out to us for each nulled copy reported. Maybe an assorted lolly bag for 10 valid reports.
                AussieAssault: Australian Tremulous.

Comment

Please report suspected sites here: http://www.vbulletin.com/piracy.php
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X