Install fees?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install fees?

Hello. I am a 3.x customer who has purchased the 4.0 publishing suite. I'm very excited to say the least. With that said, I am having a heck of a time getting the install of 4.0beta to work properly. Sometimes the install wont complete at step 9 of alpha1, once I got that taken care of it completed, and I am getting php function errors.

Would the install fee actually cover the upgrade, or only a new, clean install?

I would imagine it would only cover installation of a gold release.

Comment

We won't install a beta product.

Comment

Originally posted by dboogie2288 View Post
        Hello. I am a 3.x customer who has purchased the 4.0 publishing suite. I'm very excited to say the least. With that said, I am having a heck of a time getting the install of 4.0beta to work properly. Sometimes the install wont complete at step 9 of alpha1, once I got that taken care of it completed, and I am getting php function errors.

Would the install fee actually cover the upgrade, or only a new, clean install?
        1) Make shure you disable all the plugins and it shouldent bee a problem upgrading..
        2) Make shure you upload all the files in the upload folder from the zip file of vb4.
        3) Make shure you backup all the files and take your site offline when upgrading.

final thing just point to yoursite.com/install/upgrade.php

UPGRADED MY SITE LIKE THIS WITH NO PROBLEM.

WORKS PERFECT..

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
          We won't install a beta product.
          Of course, I mean for the gold release...

Comment

Originally posted by Faceshqip View Post
            1) Make shure you disable all the plugins and it shouldent bee a problem upgrading..
            2) Make shure you upload all the files in the upload folder from the zip file of vb4.
            3) Make shure you backup all the files and take your site offline when upgrading.

final thing just point to yoursite.com/install/upgrade.php

UPGRADED MY SITE LIKE THIS WITH NO PROBLEM.

WORKS PERFECT..
            Yeah, I did all of that. I realize there *shouldnt* be a problem, but there is.

I'm also not asking for support of the beta project, merely a question about their install fees.

Comment

Originally posted by dboogie2288 View Post
              Yeah, I did all of that. I realize there *shouldnt* be a problem, but there is.

I'm also not asking for support of the beta project, merely a question about their install fees.
              ok sorry!

Comment

150 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by cellarius View Post
                  150 bucks.
                  Yes, I'm aware of the costs, my inquiry was regarding the scope of the work they do for the fee. ie: would vb cover an upgrade if there were issues provided all the plugins and products were disabled or uninstalled.

I guess, I could have been more clear originally.

Comment

We do not provide support for those addons, nor will we ensure that they are working after the fact. The professional upgrade only covers our software.

Comment

Right...but say for instance, if the software isnt working after the upgrade....there is nothing installed outside of the standard vb set, heck even the templates are all reverted back....would you troubleshoot a problematic install? Or is this labor for install process only, and the admins get to pick up the pieces?

Comment

Yes, our upgrade covers the software, we wouldn't leave you with a broke stock install.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X