Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XMB 1.9.11 to vBulletin

Dear members,

This question could be asked before, but I wanted to search and it said the words came to much in the search function. Therefor I ask this again, hope it is not a problem.

Is it easy to import a XMB 1.9.11 board to vBulletin, I'm thinking of purchasing this but I want the thousands of posts, members and attachments to come with me. It this easy? I didn't saw it in the list:

http://files.vbulletin.com/doc_image...pex_screen.png

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex

Many thanks
    Friendly regards

Here is the info on the XMB importer:

XMB forum
    Tier = 3
    Source version support in ImpEx = 1.9
    • Import User
    • Import Forum
    • Import Thread
    • Import Post
    • Import Smilie
    • Import Ranks
    • Import Pm's
    • Import attachment

However please note that since this is a Tier 3 importer it is no longer supported or updated.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

What memories this brings back....

I used to use XMB 1.6. I imported to vBulletin 2.3.4 in late 2003/early 2004. nd of course I'm now on vBulletin 3.8.4.

I recall it being pretty flawless. I don't think we lost anything, not a thing. The only odd thing it did was all my members got four digit userids instead of the more usual system of starting at "1" for the admin..But I rather it like it like that anyhow.

Anyway, I digress. But good luck with it, you won't ever look back. XMB has hardly moved on since the 1.6 days and vBulletin 3.8 is a thousand light years ahead of it. And then of course there'll be vB4 later which is in another stratosphere by comparison.
      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Thanks for the answers!

I will probably buy vB these days

Regards

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
        What memories this brings back....

I used to use XMB 1.6. I imported to vBulletin 2.3.4 in late 2003/early 2004. nd of course I'm now on vBulletin 3.8.4.

I recall it being pretty flawless. I don't think we lost anything, not a thing. The only odd thing it did was all my members got four digit userids instead of the more usual system of starting at "1" for the admin..But I rather it like it like that anyhow.

Anyway, I digress. But good luck with it, you won't ever look back. XMB has hardly moved on since the 1.6 days and vBulletin 3.8 is a thousand light years ahead of it. And then of course there'll be vB4 later which is in another stratosphere by comparison.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X