Really? 175$?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really? 175$?

So it's going to cost us current license holders MORE money to buy an already overpriced piece of forum software?

How do you figure this fair? I've purchased this vbulletin license maybe 6 months ago, for one year, to test things out first. So this money is pretty much wasted because VBulletin 4.0 costs 175$!! A 20$ discount for current license holders?

It would have been cheaper for me to wait until VB 4.0 came out and buy that! This is absurd. Very money hungry move on your part. Most displeasing.
    Rap Battles & Hip Hop Music - LyricalThreats

Sure glad he's former staff. Didn't even bother to validate my license

No you will get vb4 for the six months you have remaining. And prices had to go up because they have a higher over head now as they have more coders and designers on board more than the previous vb team had.

Comment

If you purchased it before November, the discount was greater...
      Also keep in mind that it eliminates renewals for the life of 4.x.

Comment

You couldn't purchase it before November. The option was grayed out. If what Sports said is true I'll be happy. So it only cost money if you wish to try the Beta Stage?
        Rap Battles & Hip Hop Music - LyricalThreats

Sure glad he's former staff. Didn't even bother to validate my license

Comment

If you have a current vb3.x license that is active they just announced (in the announcements thread) that those members will get BETA version by Monday.

If you have a current vb3.x license you get a free upgrade to vb4 Forums only, if you have 6 months left on your license when vb4 Gold is released you get to upgrade your forums to vb4 - however to get support or future downloads you need to buy a vb4 forums license.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemikk View Post
            You couldn't purchase it before November. The option was grayed out. If what Sports said is true I'll be happy. So it only cost money if you wish to try the Beta Stage?
            Basically if you have an active license you can use vB4 BUT to a limit. Because once your old license expires you cannot get updates for vB4. You need to buy a new license. I know it sounds confusing, but either way you will have to pay $175 or more to get vB4 long term.

Originally posted by sportsfi View Post
            No you will get vb4 for the six months you have remaining. And prices had to go up because they have a higher over head now as they have more coders and designers on board more than the previous vb team had.
            So does that mean they need to throw the costs on the customers? How is it out problem, if we didn't want new license systems. They never asked if their current customers would favor it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFroot_ View Post
              Basically if you have an active license you can use vB4 BUT to a limit. Because once your old license expires you cannot get updates for vB4. You need to buy a new license. I know it sounds confusing, but either way you will have to pay $175 or more to get vB4 long term.

So does that mean they need to throw the costs on the customers? How is it out problem, if we didn't want new license systems. They never asked if their current customers would favor it or not.
              If you want the upgrades, there is a cost involved. If you don't want that cost, then don't upgrade.

Comment

If you have an active owned license, the upgrade is free. It will be "free" under old license type, until the old license type expires. If you THEN want more v4 upgrades/updates, you have to pay $175 upgrade fee until version 5 comes out. (so its not really "free upgrade to version 4" since you wont get all the version 4 updates/upgrades,etc, nor does it upgrade your license type to the new v4 license type.
                The beta of v4 to active owned license holders is out on Tuesday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFroot_ View Post

It's business, Petrol Stations don't ask customers if they mind putting the oil prices up or not - it's just something that has to happen - without them getting new coders on we would still probably be in the planning stage rather than nearing closer and closer to RC's and Gold Releases.

As has been said many times if you don't want to upgrade then dont! Simple really.

Comment

Hey Sportsfi, I have a question,

My account shows No Expiry date and 4.0 Active, So what does that mean? Like for six months? or something else
                    - Humans have the remarkable ability to get exactly what they must have.But there is a difference between a "must" and "want." (Jim Rohn)

Comment

Have you brought a vB4.0 license? If so that should be right because there are no expiry dates for vb4.0 licenses - and if you don't have the BETA you should have it by Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by LbR View Post
                        Hey Sportsfi, I have a question,

My account shows No Expiry date and 4.0 Active, So what does that mean? Like for six months? or something else
                        You have purchased a suite or forum classic license.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                          Yay I was finally right about something!

Comment

Forum Classic license

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                            - Humans have the remarkable ability to get exactly what they must have.But there is a difference between a "must" and "want." (Jim Rohn)

Comment

Wow, I'm sure a new one of these gets created daily lol

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X