X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serious? Wow, they said we get a free upgrade. -_-;;

Comment

Originally posted by sportsfi View Post
      Guys - the vb4.0 BETA is for those who took advantage of the pre-sale offer. If you brought a vb3.x license before the sale you will not get your download or free upgrade until the vb4 forums hit gold release.

You are right...

But i am confused why it is showing 20$ discount in VB forum
      it should be in VB suite. and forum upgrade should be for free. as we have active license.
      Mobile Phone Applications Download Fun and Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Ak Worm View Post
        Serious? Wow, they said we get a free upgrade. -_-;;
        You should get a free upgrade when it turns gold.

Originally posted by cedivad View Post
        soo they will spend other six month over beta/rc and then the will relase when most of people will have they licenses expired. vB is now only a money machine. No dubts about it (but dammint, i like the style!)
        No they have already spent most of the time in BETA - they have held a private Alpha and BETA and this is their first public release. Ray and others have said publically that they hope to have the Full Gold Release by the end of the year.

This could mean that every week the team release a new BETA version (we are currently on BETA 3) and at the end of this month release a RC depending on what Bugs and issues are reported.

Over the last week or so they have fixed over 100 bugs, which is a lot faster than the previous designing crew. So when you say no doubts about it - that is wrong.

Comment

announcing the presale event for vbulletin 4.0 suite and important license changes

we hope your community is enjoying the flexibility and power of vbulletin™. As always, our goal is to offer a great product at a great price, and we are dedicated to helping you build and grow successful online communities.

Over the last 12 months, we have been building vbulletin 4.0 to be the most powerful forum and social publishing software. Today, we are proud to introduce the new vbulletin 4.0 publishing suite product that includes the power of the vbulletin 4.0 forums with a seamlessly integrated content management system (cms) and blogging platform.

As a preferred customer with an active license, we are excited to offer the vbulletin publishing suite at a pre-sale discount price of only $130 (over 50% off regular price). This is a truly limited one-time special offer giving you $120 off the upgrade price but will expire on friday october 30, 2009.

Learn more about vbulletin publishing suite features and pricing on our new website: http://www.vbulletin.com/

beginning today, we are introducing new a license structure. Vbulletin is changing to a one-time owned license fee for each major point release. That means no more annual renewal fees. Once you purchase a major point version, you’ll receive maintenance, security and minor point releases for the life of 4.x.

You have the option to keep your current active license until it expires (according to the 12 month term and conditions). for the remainder of your active license, you will continue to receive support and have access to forum software updates, including vbulletin 4.0 forums. once your license expires you will only be able to access the 4 series software updates by switching to the new one-time owned license. For more information, visit the vbulletin faq.

Over the last 10 years, our products have offered an exceptional value and we look forward to bringing you the best and keeping you as a loyal customer. Our team is expanding in number and expertise in order to develop more innovative features and to deliver them faster. We are investing in exciting development areas such as new products and services for 'big boards' and mobile applications and look forward to helping you grow your community.

Sincerely,

the vbulletin team

Comment

Edit: nvmd, lol, I need to read before I reply :P
            Regards,
            Eric Sizemore

My modifications

Comment

Customers who purchased during the pre-sale get access to the beta. Anyone else who has not purchased during the pre-sale will not recieve access to the beta.

Comment

Originally posted by sportsfi View Post
                Guys - the vb4.0 BETA is for those who took advantage of the pre-sale offer. If you brought a vb3.x license before the sale you will not get your download or free upgrade until the vb4 forums hit gold release.
                Wtf? looks like we gonna wait for 3-4 month more for vb4 to fully hit gold..(since "some of us" never took the advantage of the pre-sale offer) wtf dam..

Comment

The blog post was a tad ambiguous on this:
                  Originally posted by Joe Rosenblum
                  If you have access to download Forum 4.0 or Suite 4.0, expect the Beta to be available in the member's area no later than mid-November.
                  However I think it makes perfect sense done this way...it rewards those who showed faith and paid up (eg me), plus done any other way you'd potentially have people stuck with the beta because their old license expires before Gold and they don't renew.
                  MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
                  AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                    Customers who purchased during the pre-sale get access to the beta. Anyone else who has not purchased during the pre-sale will not recieve access to the beta.
                    Wow ... and still you are advertising vBulletin 4 FORUM CLASSIC to be a FREE UPGRADE on your homepage ...
                    Planning to continue using VB 3.8 post EOL? Then join the VB 3.8 Forever group and vB3Forever.org!

Comment

You are getting access to vBulletin 4 for free, as per the FAQ. You are still on a vBulletin 3 license however.

http://www.vbulletin.com/faq.php#faq-94

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                        You are getting access to vBulletin 4 for free, as per the FAQ. You are still on a vBulletin 3 license however.

http://www.vbulletin.com/faq.php#faq-94
                        Yes I'm on a vB3 active and owned license, I'm well aware of that.

To quote the FAQ "If your license was in active status when vBulletin 4.0 is released, you are eligible to download the software free of charge."

My license is active. vBulletin 4.0 Beta is released.

Where do I download it? Or why am I not entitled to download it? I seriously don't get it.
                        Planning to continue using VB 3.8 post EOL? Then join the VB 3.8 Forever group and vB3Forever.org!

Comment

vBulletin 4 has not gone gold. When vBulletin 4 goes gold you'll have access to it.

Comment

If you look at this thread:
                            http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...h-4-0-Licenses

vBulletin Beta 3 Released to Customers with 4.0 Licenses
                            We are excited to announce a major milestone on the path to vB4 - the release of Beta 3 to all customers who have purchased (or upgraded to) the new vBulletin 4.0 Forum or Publishing Suite licenses.
                            It seems to me that you have to pay for the 4.x upgrade (forum or suite) to have access to the beta. If not, you are still entitle to get 4.x forum when it gets Gold, which we should expect before the end of the year if all goes well.

Comment

You know if I liked vBulletin 4 FORUM CLASSIC Beta I might have seriously thought about upgrading my licenses for a $830 during the extended pre-sale. Seeing how much you value your current customers though, expecting them to buy themselves into a beta program. I'm eventually just going to have some more serious thoughts about IPB now.

Have a great day.

Comment

Beta was supposed to be a closed beta with only a fairly tight group of people. After much consideration, they decided to make it a more open beta with pre-sales license holders. Gold will be available to all active license holders regardless. You weren't going to get this beta period, now there's a chance that you can if you have already bought it or were thinking about it. Basically, you are angry that someone else is playing with your toy. Get over it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X