X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will never buy from Vbulletin Again

I just sold a site for $700 on flippa http://flippa.com/auctions/77290

Now if I want to transfer the license it costs me $190? When a renewal used to be like $60 a month ago?

If that's the case, I will never buy a license from you guys again, I just want to transfer the license to another person.

Last month I sold my site http://www.namc.us, I then upgraded the license on October 5th, 2009 for $60 to transfer to the new owner. That's only a month ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vbulletin team gave no warning on how much renewals will cost. This is rediculous!!!!!

welcome to vbulletin 4.0.

Like some of the key devs, jump ship
    It's an omen...

Comment

Man that's horrible, I feel like punching something!!!!!!

It's total greed!!!!!!!!!!!

This is almost as bad as health insurance!

As we get deeper into a recession, everything is going up in price huh? Even Vbulletin licenses...

What happened, did the car insurance go up on a moderator's Ferrari?

I definitely need to go drink a beer for this one!

There's no way a previous owner should may this much for a upgrade or renewal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And of course they'll probably delete this thread any minute now to shut me up right?
      Last edited by SLP LS1; Wed 11 Nov '09, 11:06pm.

Comment

That's what happens when you let your license expire.

Comment

Nah, they'll just tell you ''well, if you came here 2 weeks ago, we would have sold it to you for $130'' - as if that's supposed to be generous. Then, they'll tell you that if you kept your license current they would allow you to download vb4, and all patches until the ene dof your $60 renewal period free of charge...and then you'd need to pay FULL PRICE AS IF YOU WERE A NEW FRICKING CUSTOMER to get any more updates.

Yeah right....
          It's an omen...

Comment

Originally posted by kyrgyz View Post
            Makes no difference. You either pay what they want now, or pay full later on for security updates.
            It's an omen...

Comment

You're a tool!

Has nothing to do with letting your license expire, it's about greed.

Now everytime we want to renew we have to pay $190, compared to $60

No one sees anything wrong with this picture, um yeah, ok!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SLP LS1 View Post
                You're a tool!

Has nothing to do with letting your license expire, it's about greed.

No one sees anything wrong with this picture, um yeah, ok!!!!!!
                Most people have moved on... and I think you should too just like the rest of us.
                I've just lingered to see how vB4 does.. but I won't be upgrading until IB creates a BENEFICIAL solution for multiple license holders. Till then, they won't be getting a penny out of me.

Comment

Get your facts straight, man. You don't renew yearly anymore, you pay for series (vB4, vB5,...). Under new system you get support, upgrades and updates for the life of series. The only thing that you are really being pushed to right now is vB4 Suite. So , think of vBulletin as a Suite, not just a forum software.

Comment

Get your facts straight, man. You don't renew yearly anymore, you pay for versions (vB4, vB5,...). Under new system you get support, upgrades and updates for the life of series. The only thing that you are really being pushed to right now is vB4 Suite. So , think of vBulletin as a Suite, not just a forum software.
                    No, get yourself straight..and think 11months into the future (if you just renewed $60)...you're going to be stuck with vbforum4.x.x and you want the latest security updates? PAY FULL PRICE.

so, pay now, or pay more later. Not a good way to keep your customers happy, and not a good thing to do with us willing to pay with $60 a year for updates.
                    It's an omen...

Comment

Get your facts straight, man. You don't renew yearly anymore, you pay for versions (vB4, vB5,...). Under new system you get support, upgrades and updates for the life of series. The only thing that you are really being pushed to right now is vB4 Suite.
                      No you don't understand, say I just want to transfer a license to another person. I have to pay $190, instead of paying $60. Please read the whole thread before making a post. Don't just try and take the side of the VB Team ok!!

Last month I sold my site http://www.namc.us, I then upgraded the license on October 5th, 2009 for $60 to transfer to the new owner. That's only a month ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFroot_ View Post
                        Most people have moved on... and I think you should too just like the rest of us.
                        I've just lingered to see how vB4 does.. but I won't be upgrading until IB creates a BENEFICIAL solution for multiple license holders. Till then, they won't be getting a penny out of me.
                        Thank you, it takes a Canuck to step up and stand in for our rights! All these Americans will just take it up the a$$ Just like they did with health care and President Bush.

Comment

No you don't understand, say I just want to transfer a license to another person. I have to pay $190, instead of paying $60. Please read the whole thread before making a post. Don't just try and take the side of the VB Team ok!!
                          Only an owned license that has status 'active' can be transferred. Is your license active or expired?

P.S. I am not taking vB Team's side. Just using common sense here.
                          Last edited by kyrgyz; Wed 11 Nov '09, 11:49pm.

Comment

Only an owned license that has status 'active' can be transferred. Is your license active or expired?

P.S. I am not taking vB Team's side. Just using common sense here.
                            My license is expired, so I need to renew it right. And renewing cost $190 right?

P.S. Renewing only cost $60 a month ago.

kyrgyz are you slow or something! That's my only argument, it's the cost of renewal to transfer a license.

kyrgyz, so you don't see anything wrong with this picture?

Speaking a which, why am I wasting my time explaining this to you. If you can't understand we are getting screwed with the renewal cost, you need not living your life no more. Because simple add and subtraction is a pretty easy to learn.

Comment

kyrgyz are you slow or something! That's my only argument, it's the cost of renewal to transfer a license.
                              You have no argument. There is no such separate thing as the cost of renewal to transfer a license. Anyway, you should've kept your license up-to-date. If you fell into a expiry date crack (October and November), that's your bad luck. Remember, terms and conditions are subject to change. vBulletin's new licensing policy is not necessarily bad in the long run.

Speaking a which, why am I wasting my time explaining this to you.
                              Agreed. This *****ing thing is going on for like a month now. I was myself upset at first. Just try to understand what's going on before making assumptions.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X