Transferring from Proboards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transferring from Proboards?

I know this has been asked a lot but I haven't seen it asked lately so maybe something new came out....

I am a admin at a proboard forum that has about 1100 members and years of posts is there ANY way to import all of that into Vbulletin? We desperately want to leave and wouldn't mind paying to leave but I can't find any option.

People talk about bots that can do it but I can't find one, how hard is it to make a bot? one other option im interested in is if a few of the admins could slowly take down the info and then have it transfer to Vbulletin, could we manually transfer it slowly that way? Including member accounts?

Thanks in advance for any info you can give.

Originally posted by Astralcritter View Post
    I know this has been asked a lot but I haven't seen it asked lately so maybe something new came out....

I am a admin at a proboard forum that has about 1100 members and years of posts is there ANY way to import all of that into Vbulletin? We desperately want to leave and wouldn't mind paying to leave but I can't find any option.

People talk about bots that can do it but I can't find one, how hard is it to make a bot? one other option im interested in is if a few of the admins could slowly take down the info and then have it transfer to Vbulletin, could we manually transfer it slowly that way? Including member accounts?

If you don't have access to the database or can not get a backup of it from Proboards then you will probably not be able to get all your data back.

I did a conversion once from a similar service and I had to use a software to save all the pages staticly then create a script to extract the data for the html pages to finally import it to a new database. It took me 1 month just for the discussion and messages (57k posts)

Comment

Found some info for you here:
      http://support.proboards.com/index.c...&page=3#220369

Comment

Originally posted by yemgi View Post
        I did a conversion once from a similar service and I had to use a software to save all the pages staticly then create a script to extract the data for the html pages to finally import it to a new database. It took me 1 month just for the discussion and messages (57k posts)
        What software did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by trilogy33 View Post
          Q: Can I have a copy of my ProBoards database so I can convert it to some other service? I want to keep all my posts/members/etc.

A: This is not possible. ProBoards is setup to use a proprietary database format and transferring it is not possible. While we do make backups of your boards, we can not provide the end user with this information as it is intended for use by ProBoards staff to restore forums to a previous state, and not to transfer to another service.
          He's stuck royally unless he uses WebAssist's SiteImport or something similar.

Comment

Originally posted by kyrgyz View Post
            What software did you use?
            This one : http://www.httrack.com/page/2/en/index.html

Comment

If you aren't prepared to write a crawler yourself (it wouldn't take long imo - a few regexps or a dom parser), then try out sourcing
              vB4 SuperCharged
              http://www.gamingmasters.co.uk

Comment

You Are Not Stuck!!

Originally posted by Astralcritter View Post

You should be able to move to another software and then VB since you would have a copy of your database. Take a look at this thread on The Admin Zone: http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=78641

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X