Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where will the PROMOTED Articles go? Will it be found at the original sub forum???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where will the PROMOTED Articles go? Will it be found at the original sub forum???

Please answer my question. Thank you in advance.

The CMS and Forum are totally separate as far as I can tell. You promote something and it will move to the Blog or CMS and I'd assume you'd have to pick the destination Section and assign Categories and other CMS related fields at the time you promote it.
    Mikey
    PDAPhoneHome ... Get Converged! / NortheastFoto ... Get Imaged!

Comment

When something is promoted, does it still stay in the forums, or will the thread completely disappear and go only to the CMS? (not really a desired behavior, hopefully it can at least leave a shadow in the original forum)

Comment

It would be ideal to have them mapped, so that e.g. you could promote a thread/article to the other and have comments/replies linked accordingly going forward. I hope this is/will be the case.

Comment

From the documentation on the cms I can tell that the original post or thread is 'copied' not 'moved' to the cms, on the cms there will be a link back to the original thread/post.

Comment

Originally posted by dutchbb View Post
            From the documentation on the cms I can tell that the original post or thread is 'copied' not 'moved' to the cms, on the cms there will be a link back to the original thread/post.
            Will comments on it show up in both places?

Comment

If I understand correctly, a new discussion thread for the new article will be created in the article discussion forum and the original thread/post will stay as it is. (vb staff correct me if I'm wrong but this is how I believe it works from reading the cms docs).

Comment

I'd really like clarification on what happens to a thread's comments if you promote the first post of a thread... I'm hoping there is an option to allow you to COPY those over as well!
                -Jason / WTF.com

"I think I've been quite clear that the new style will be in vB4." - Allen Lin / February 16, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by dutchbb View Post
                  If I understand correctly, a new discussion thread for the new article will be created in the article discussion forum and the original thread/post will stay as it is.
                  That's how it works. A single post is transferred to an article. A result of this is a thread being started in the article discussion forum to host comments.

Comment

Is there an option to keep the CMS article and Forum thread linked so that you don't end up having two separately split discussions? Seems to me the whole point of having a CMS associated with vB was to use them together .. doesn't really make sense to split them up in most instances. I really would have thought that when creating an article from an existing forum thread that there would have been 3 different options:

1. Move: Old thread is no longer in Forum and option given for all posts beyond the first to end up as article comments.
                    2. Copy: Old thread is kept seperately in forum and option given for all posts beyond the first to be copied as article comments.
                    3. Linked Copy: Old thread is kept in forums. Replies to the first post show up as comments. Future article comments AND reply post to thread all get thrown into the same "thread id" so in theory people could reply both in the forum thread and in the article replies.

To me the 3rd option is beyond crucial and was essentially for and away the biggest advantage of having a CMS for vB in the first place!
                    Support the option to have forums in social groups:
                    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=252093

Comment