X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aachi
    replied
    Originally posted by Deimos View Post
    I agree with axgphoto, I didn't renew my own license because I could only afford to renew one for eogamer.com at the time
    Now it's to late to upgrade, I'm stuck with an older copy of VB 3.8 and have to pay $190? for an upgrade license
    Meh
    bad,, me too...
    Even as my license will expire on 4 October 2010.
    They are asking More 175$ to get more VB 4 updates. (they should change their policy )
    as they always (monthly bases) try to release a new bug free update, which again contains some bugs.
    Last edited by Aachi; Mon 16 Nov '09, 3:39pm.

Leave a comment:

• Deimos
    replied
    I agree with axgphoto, I didn't renew my own license because I could only afford to renew one for eogamer.com at the time
    Now it's to late to upgrade, I'm stuck with an older copy of VB 3.8 and have to pay $190? for an upgrade license
    Meh

Leave a comment:

• axgphoto
    replied
    How many people do you know that are going through some hard times this year? When my upgrade was due, i was not able to renew it. So i could not get the upgrade. Now then came out with some ridiculous time to let us old users upgrade for 2 weeks. Yet again i cannot come up with that kind of cash right now to upgrade.

So, we pay once for not being able to keep our licsence updated. Then we are nailed again because we cannot save up enough to meet their dead line of Oct 30. Now we basicallt have to purchase a new licsense to be able to get upgraded, or pay the out rageous fee for the upgrade.

I know this is probably the best package out there, but why turn against your own people that have been supporting this software for years.

Now i do not like to whine about anything, but this really hits hard because a lot of us are suffering, and going through some tough economic times. You would think they would take this into consideration and lend a helping hand. Instead it is seeming more like a greed trip than anything else.

It would be nice to see them offer something else for this reason, to help ease the strain for those of us that are needing a break. Specially to keep their software going. There is nothing like word of mouth, and i for one know for a fact that several people i know have purchased this software because i highly recommended it to them.

Well, in any case, i just had to vent some. This really unfair to a lot of us. But who cares right?

Regards,

AXG

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    Originally posted by Aachi View Post
    Dude we are not new customer
    If you let your vB3 license expire, then you are the same as a new customer. This is the new philosophy of vBulletin.

Leave a comment:

• BuCwiLd
    replied
    i agree 100 percent aachi

Leave a comment:

• Aachi
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    He cannot renew his license. Please start getting the proper facts together before you post. You're not doing yourself or others any good by posting incorrect information. We no longer sell license renewals of any sort.

What he can do is purchase a vBulletin 4.0 License Upgrade to be able to upgrade to 4.X.
    Dude we are not new customer , we already had paid too much, now why we had to pay again about same money as a new customer is paying.
    We already had paid 180$, now again 175$ to upgrade (renew)
    means total fee for old customer is

180 + 175 = 355$

and for new user only 195$,

But It never happened anywhere, that company is treating old customers like this.they always prefer old customers than new...
    Companies always take care of old customers 1st ,and we are not purchasing new thing, we are just upgrading old thing.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Click on the Customer Login link and login.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Anime
    replied
    Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    It looks like we can buy an upgrade license now ?
    But clicking the link shows that the price of 160 $ isn't to be found anywhere

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37830[/ATTACH]
    you were logged in with your customer ID## and password?

Leave a comment:

• Nosfer@tu
    replied
    It looks like we can buy an upgrade license now ?
    But clicking the link shows that the price of 160 $ isn't to be found anywhere

Click image for larger version

Name:	Upgrade license.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	3675795

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by schwab2clarkson View Post
    If you really want to have vB 4 as your choice of forum I suggest you renew your license.
    He cannot renew his license. Please start getting the proper facts together before you post. You're not doing yourself or others any good by posting incorrect information. We no longer sell license renewals of any sort.

What he can do is purchase a vBulletin 4.0 License Upgrade to be able to upgrade to 4.X.

Leave a comment:

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    So either way I have to pay for Vb4 ?

is there nay way of buying the suite after I bougth Vb4 license?
    I have Joomla CMS atm and dont want to invest time in working with vbsuite.

Are you what forum´s often refere to as a post hunter ?

What can anybody use your reply to ?
    No I am not that. If I was a post hunter, I would be up to 10,000 posts by now.
    All you did was ask a question and all I did was answer it for you without acting stupid.
    If you really want to have vB 4 as your choice of forum I suggest you renew your license.

Leave a comment:

• Nosfer@tu
    replied
    Originally posted by sportsfi View Post
    Ok without turning this into another argurment thread - where it looks to be heading - the only option currently available is to either update your current license to the vB4.0 Forums Only (or Suite but you have already stated that you didn't want).

The pricing has been something that people have complained about, however with a new company taking over, more designers and coders coming on board the overhead costs have risen - they could have just charged everyone the full amount however have opted to support the customers that have supported them and offered them some sort of discount.

Many will speculate about when vB5.0 will be released - however the truth of the matter is the vBulletin Solutions and Internet Brands are focusing the majority of their attention on getting vBulletin 4.0 to a stable release condition. Earlier posts from Ray were approximate and therefore you are probably looking towards 2-3 years for it's release however just like everyone else this is pure speculation until something is Officially announced.

If you want to upgrade to 3.8.4 you will need to get one of the new licenses for vb4, at least doing so will open the door for you for at least the next year to have the forum updates/upgrades that are bound to come with 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 etc etc - support for vb3.8.x will cease when vb4.2 is released however at least you have the option to upgrade to vb4 as by 4.2 you can expect a much better release than what may be out there for the original release of vb4.0 and modders and skinners would have brought out their ranges of addons.
    So either way I have to pay for Vb4 ?

is there nay way of buying the suite after I bougth Vb4 license?
    I have Joomla CMS atm and dont want to invest time in working with vbsuite.

Originally posted by schwab2clarkson View Post
    Renew your license.
    Are you what forum´s often refere to as a post hunter ?

What can anybody use your reply to ?

Leave a comment:

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    Renew your license.

Leave a comment:

• sportsfi
    replied
    Ok without turning this into another argurment thread - where it looks to be heading - the only option currently available is to either update your current license to the vB4.0 Forums Only (or Suite but you have already stated that you didn't want).

The pricing has been something that people have complained about, however with a new company taking over, more designers and coders coming on board the overhead costs have risen - they could have just charged everyone the full amount however have opted to support the customers that have supported them and offered them some sort of discount.

Many will speculate about when vB5.0 will be released - however the truth of the matter is the vBulletin Solutions and Internet Brands are focusing the majority of their attention on getting vBulletin 4.0 to a stable release condition. Earlier posts from Ray were approximate and therefore you are probably looking towards 2-3 years for it's release however just like everyone else this is pure speculation until something is Officially announced.

If you want to upgrade to 3.8.4 you will need to get one of the new licenses for vb4, at least doing so will open the door for you for at least the next year to have the forum updates/upgrades that are bound to come with 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 etc etc - support for vb3.8.x will cease when vb4.2 is released however at least you have the option to upgrade to vb4 as by 4.2 you can expect a much better release than what may be out there for the original release of vb4.0 and modders and skinners would have brought out their ranges of addons.

Leave a comment:

• shohin
    replied
    OK….to reiterate as to the possible release of 5.0 here is a quote by Steve from what Ray meant in regards to the release of 5.0. Now….does that sound like 5 years before its releases and a good bet?
    Now stop the wishful thinking and living in a dream world as to more expenditures within about a minimum of two to two and a half years.
    I’m just stating plain and simple facts here. Nothing more…nothing less.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X