Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My license ran out. What now?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My license ran out. What now?

    I have a Vb 3.8.2 forum.

    I want to be able to update to the latest 3.8.4 and maybe even VB 4 when it is released.

    What is the best way economicaly for me to do this ?

  • #2
    pay $190 to get all upgrades for the life of 4.XX or just buy a new license for $235

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Bizstudent View Post
      pay $190 to get all upgrades for the life of 4.XX or just buy a new license for $235
      45 $ difference.

      about 15% difference for an existing owner vs a new owner

      How lame is that
      I dont want the VB CMS I waited 2 years for it

      I just want Vb 4 and now I have to pay almost the same amount as a new user
      That SUX BIG TIME

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Nosfer@tu View Post
        45 $ difference.

        about 15% difference for an existing owner vs a new owner

        How lame is that
        I dont want the VB CMS I waited 2 years for it

        I just want Vb 4 and now I have to pay almost the same amount as a new user
        That SUX BIG TIME


        keep in mind if 5.0 doesnt come out for four years you will break even over paying 40 to 60 per year for updates. and seeing how long they have been (and still are) working on 4.0 it is a safe bet it will be 4 years or longer before 5.0 comes out.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Nosfer@tu View Post
          45 $ difference.

          about 15% difference for an existing owner vs a new owner

          How lame is that
          I dont want the VB CMS I waited 2 years for it

          I just want Vb 4 and now I have to pay almost the same amount as a new user
          That SUX BIG TIME

          Yes is does suck. I'm sorry, we're all in the same boat.

          You could, pay full price and then have 2 licenses (one for vb3.8, the other for all of vb4.) that is, if you want vb4 bad enough to pay full price again.
          It's an omen...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mike Anime View Post
            keep in mind if 5.0 doesnt come out for four years you will break even over paying 40 to 60 per year for updates. and seeing how long they have been (and still are) working on 4.0 it is a safe bet it will be 4 years or longer before 5.0 comes out.
            They have already stated they will be knocking on 5.0's door in 18 months time. Expect it after about 2 years.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mike Anime View Post
              ....it is a safe bet it will be 4 years or longer before 5.0 comes out.
              Wow...I sure hope you don't play the horses!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Mike Anime View Post
                keep in mind if 5.0 doesnt come out for four years you will break even over paying 40 to 60 per year for updates. and seeing how long they have been (and still are) working on 4.0 it is a safe bet it will be 4 years or longer before 5.0 comes out.
                Thats a good point though.

                But a price difference for existing license owners vs new licens owners would be logical

                Originally posted by Blackbook View Post
                Yes is does suck. I'm sorry, we're all in the same boat.

                You could, pay full price and then have 2 licenses (one for vb3.8, the other for all of vb4.) that is, if you want vb4 bad enough to pay full price again.
                Yes but dont know why I would do that

                Originally posted by ra87 View Post
                They have already stated they will be knocking on 5.0's door in 18 months time. Expect it after about 2 years.
                2 years you think ?

                Comment


                • #9
                  OK….to reiterate as to the possible release of 5.0 here is a quote by Steve from what Ray meant in regards to the release of 5.0. Now….does that sound like 5 years before its releases and a good bet?
                  Now stop the wishful thinking and living in a dream world as to more expenditures within about a minimum of two to two and a half years.
                  I’m just stating plain and simple facts here. Nothing more…nothing less.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Ok without turning this into another argurment thread - where it looks to be heading - the only option currently available is to either update your current license to the vB4.0 Forums Only (or Suite but you have already stated that you didn't want).

                    The pricing has been something that people have complained about, however with a new company taking over, more designers and coders coming on board the overhead costs have risen - they could have just charged everyone the full amount however have opted to support the customers that have supported them and offered them some sort of discount.

                    Many will speculate about when vB5.0 will be released - however the truth of the matter is the vBulletin Solutions and Internet Brands are focusing the majority of their attention on getting vBulletin 4.0 to a stable release condition. Earlier posts from Ray were approximate and therefore you are probably looking towards 2-3 years for it's release however just like everyone else this is pure speculation until something is Officially announced.

                    If you want to upgrade to 3.8.4 you will need to get one of the new licenses for vb4, at least doing so will open the door for you for at least the next year to have the forum updates/upgrades that are bound to come with 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 etc etc - support for vb3.8.x will cease when vb4.2 is released however at least you have the option to upgrade to vb4 as by 4.2 you can expect a much better release than what may be out there for the original release of vb4.0 and modders and skinners would have brought out their ranges of addons.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Renew your license.
                      Aussiefootyforums

                      New Site New forum
                      Come and talk sports all day long


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by sportsfi View Post
                        Ok without turning this into another argurment thread - where it looks to be heading - the only option currently available is to either update your current license to the vB4.0 Forums Only (or Suite but you have already stated that you didn't want).

                        The pricing has been something that people have complained about, however with a new company taking over, more designers and coders coming on board the overhead costs have risen - they could have just charged everyone the full amount however have opted to support the customers that have supported them and offered them some sort of discount.

                        Many will speculate about when vB5.0 will be released - however the truth of the matter is the vBulletin Solutions and Internet Brands are focusing the majority of their attention on getting vBulletin 4.0 to a stable release condition. Earlier posts from Ray were approximate and therefore you are probably looking towards 2-3 years for it's release however just like everyone else this is pure speculation until something is Officially announced.

                        If you want to upgrade to 3.8.4 you will need to get one of the new licenses for vb4, at least doing so will open the door for you for at least the next year to have the forum updates/upgrades that are bound to come with 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 etc etc - support for vb3.8.x will cease when vb4.2 is released however at least you have the option to upgrade to vb4 as by 4.2 you can expect a much better release than what may be out there for the original release of vb4.0 and modders and skinners would have brought out their ranges of addons.
                        So either way I have to pay for Vb4 ?

                        is there nay way of buying the suite after I bougth Vb4 license?
                        I have Joomla CMS atm and dont want to invest time in working with vbsuite.

                        Originally posted by schwab2clarkson View Post
                        Renew your license.
                        Are you what forum´s often refere to as a post hunter ?

                        What can anybody use your reply to ?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Nosfer@tu View Post
                          So either way I have to pay for Vb4 ?

                          is there nay way of buying the suite after I bougth Vb4 license?
                          I have Joomla CMS atm and dont want to invest time in working with vbsuite.



                          Are you what forum´s often refere to as a post hunter ?

                          What can anybody use your reply to ?
                          No I am not that. If I was a post hunter, I would be up to 10,000 posts by now.
                          All you did was ask a question and all I did was answer it for you without acting stupid.
                          If you really want to have vB 4 as your choice of forum I suggest you renew your license.
                          Aussiefootyforums

                          New Site New forum
                          Come and talk sports all day long


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by schwab2clarkson View Post
                            If you really want to have vB 4 as your choice of forum I suggest you renew your license.
                            He cannot renew his license. Please start getting the proper facts together before you post. You're not doing yourself or others any good by posting incorrect information. We no longer sell license renewals of any sort.

                            What he can do is purchase a vBulletin 4.0 License Upgrade to be able to upgrade to 4.X.
                            Translations provided by Google.

                            Wayne Luke
                            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
                            vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
                            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                            I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              It looks like we can buy an upgrade license now ?
                              But clicking the link shows that the price of 160 $ isn't to be found anywhere

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Upgrade license.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	3675795

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X