Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is 5.0 expected?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Super Cat View Post
    VB 4.0 was hurried because many members were pushing it.......
    Oh....so that's why!

    Comment


    • #47
      one thing gets me is everyone expected the pricing to stay the same for 4.0 even though they already changed the pricing scheme when 3.7 or 3.8 came out. it always amases me when people gripe knowing nothing stays the same forever.

      all the people saying ray said 5.0 will be out in 18 - 24 months do NOT realise this is just a GUESS and as a reality is not likely. a major realease could just be 4.1 4.5 4.8 etc for all we know. we would have to ask ray directley to know for sure though.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by slinky View Post
        It doesn't matter what is possible or what you might think is probable because of repitition. How many times was it said when vBulletin 4 was anticipated to be released? And now what date has been given for release?

        What is version 5? As others have stated, it's a number assigned to what a company will call a major upgrade.What that consists of is solely within the company's decision making capacity, whether or not you think version 5 should be version 4.2 or version 6.
        Slinky, you are cool

        I like your to the point, on the money, posts.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Mike Anime View Post
          one thing gets me is everyone expected the pricing to stay the same for 4.0 even though they already changed the pricing scheme when 3.7 or 3.8 came out. it always amases me when people gripe knowing nothing stays the same forever.

          all the people saying ray said 5.0 will be out in 18 - 24 months do NOT realise this is just a GUESS and as a reality is not likely. a major realease could just be 4.1 4.5 4.8 etc for all we know. we would have to ask ray directley to know for sure though.
          Its not a guess, they said in there calculations it will be out in little more then 2 years -- 27 months somewhere near there....

          Comment


          • #50
            vBulletin 5 is the "rollup" release and conclusion of the vB4.0, vB4.1, vB4.2, vB4.3, vB4.4, etc. rewrite process. And it will cost $195 or $285.

            Ray Morgan said they intend to be "knocking on the door" of vB5 within 18 months from the release of vB4. This was posted 6 months ago. So 12 months from now.

            These are real quotes folks.
            Last edited by feldon23; Sun 8th Nov '09, 6:43pm.

            Comment


            • #51
              I'm pretty sure he meant 18 months from the vB4 Gold release.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

              Steve Machol Photography


              Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                I'm pretty sure he meant 18 months from the vB4 Gold release.
                Exactly, and even then we might not have 5.0. Because its like asking us right now who the 110th president will be, no one knows right now when 5.0 will in "all reality" release. And furthermore this community likes to hold old quotes and just ETA's over the vB teams head, so lets say in 18 months 5.0 isnt released yet, then you guys will be all complaining about how Ray said this and that back on this such and such day. So how about we not worry about 5.0 right now because 4.0 isnt even here yet..sheesh this community its all about rushing everything, jesus..give it a rest will ya?
                Pixel Playground
                vB Skins.. Supplying Skins for the little guys....lol

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Vicros View Post
                  ...sheesh this community its all about rushing everything, jesus..give it a rest will ya?
                  We didn't rush it....vB did!
                  Most would have been more than happy to wait and not have this new licensing and the release of 4.0 shoved down our throats.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by shohin View Post
                    We didn't rush it....vB did!
                    Most would have been more than happy to wait and not have this new licensing and the release of 4.0 shoved down our throats.
                    I understand, not everyone was wanting vB 4 right now and trying to rush the vB team but alot of them were.
                    Pixel Playground
                    vB Skins.. Supplying Skins for the little guys....lol

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by shohin View Post
                      We didn't rush it....vB did!
                      Most would have been more than happy to wait and not have this new licensing and the release of 4.0 shoved down our throats.
                      Didn't shove it down my throat. And not yours either. You can wait until the gold release and the end of life for 3.8. Which I'm pretty sure should be at least 5 months until the end of life. And then you can still run it, but without anymore sercurity or support. There are those still running 2.0.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Vicros View Post
                        I understand, not everyone was wanting vB 4 right now and trying to rush the vB team but alot of them were.
                        Well, I guess it's like that old saying goes; "Be careful what you pray for as you just might get it!"
                        Personally, I could have waited until it was done in a more appropriate way.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Super Cat View Post
                          Didn't shove it down my throat. And not yours either. You can wait until the gold release and the end of life for 3.8. Which I'm pretty sure should be at least 5 months until the end of life. And then you can still run it, but without anymore sercurity or support. There are those still running 2.0.
                          Your right as I should have left the 4.0 out and just left my statement as in regards to the licensing only.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by shohin View Post
                            Well, I guess it's like that old saying goes; "Be careful what you pray for as you just might get it!"
                            Your absolutely right about that one bro.
                            Pixel Playground
                            vB Skins.. Supplying Skins for the little guys....lol

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by shohin View Post
                              Your right as I should have left the 4.0 out and just left my statement as in regards to the licensing only.
                              That is a difference. But you don't have to pay for annual renewals for upgrades. Most of the time my license would expired until I was ready to add new options that came with latest upgrades. Now I won't have to worry about it until they go to 5.0. myself i believe it really only hurts the leased license and those who paid for blog and project tools. Or those who not having the cash for the presale. Otherwise you're saving cash in the long run.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                                I'm pretty sure he meant 18 months from the vB4 Gold release.
                                Ah ok thanks.

                                Comment

                                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X