Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I start with current version or maybe it is better to wait till v4 will be ready?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I start with current version or maybe it is better to wait till v4 will be ready?

Hi,

For a new forum I'd like to use the suite with Blog and CMS.
    But it seems that we have to wait some time before the final v4 will be finished.
    What is the best to do for me,just start with the latest version of vBulletin or wait for the new version?
    The point is that I will use the suite for a new dutch website,so I also need a dutch language pack.
    I suppose it will take a while before there will be a new dutch language pack available for v4?
    And what if I start the forum and use some mods to have more features and better looks?
    I have to start again with v4?

Just some things what came in my mind.

Richard

You can upgrade vB 3 to vB 4 just like previous upgrades. I don't have any idea about language packs. Sorry!

Personally, I think you should purchase license and wait for vB 4 Gold release. I have purchased new domain and eagerly waiting for vB 4 Suite!

Comment

Get it now and upgrade...
      Pixel Playground
      vB Skins.. Supplying Skins for the little guys....lol

Comment

Get it now and upgrade...
        vBulletin 3.8.2

Comment

That highliy depends on what you plan to do. I would not do any style customizations or install any mods, because they are sure ore likely to break during the upgrade. What you can do without problems and what I would do, is to install the vB 3.8.4 and get prepared: Get used to the Admin Control Panel (will stay largely the same) and all the options, set up my usergroups and forums and stuff like that. If vB 4 is released, you'll be much better prepared to either set it up afresh much faster or even just update your then existing forum. Updating a vanilla vB 3.8 will be painless.

Comment

Any idea how long it will take to get new mods,styles and language packs for v4?

Comment

Originally posted by RichardM View Post
              Any idea how long it will take to get new mods,styles and language packs for v4?
              That's impossible to know, we don't even know when we will get vB4 at this point, let alone when the mods and packs will be released. After vB4 is released it will take time for those mod developers to update their mods for vB4, assuming they even decide to do that. If the changes are too massive, they may just abandon the mods.

No one knows at this point what is going to happen, first we have to wait until vB4 is actually released, then, worry about when people will released mods, after those developers have had a chance to see the vB4 code.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X