vB Question..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vB Question..

Well, sense vB4.0 is coming out soon. I was just wondering, will the really older version of vB might be out for realease for free? It would be a good idea, sense vB4.0 will proply be so good. Like vb 3.5.X and 3.6.X.

Originally posted by Palace55 View Post
    Well, sense vB4.0 is coming out soon. I was just wondering, will the really older version of vB might be out for realease for free? It would be a good idea, sense vB4.0 will proply be so good. Like vb 3.5.X and 3.6.X.
    And every customer who paid for vb3 should be refunded since free in your offer means free for everyone, right?

Comment

Well, thats was then, I am talking about now mate. I never said refunded no need to start taking it to far, I just said in the present it should be free. Because they are so old now.

Comment

Wow.
        vB Skins. Superior Support.
        Follow us @ForumFlux

Comment

Originally posted by GTAce View Post
          Wow.
          Why spam, just 1 word in a post is considered spam mate.

Comment

Why spam, just 1 word in a post is considered spam mate.
            Number one, I don't think the word "wow" is considered as spam. Please look it up in a dictionary and I think we'll have that resolved.
            Other than that I'm totally confused as to what your question is? How can an "older" version be out for release? Just what is it that you want or are inquiring to and perhaps someone can answer your question....whatever it may be?

Comment

I was just wondering, will the really older version of vB might be out for realease for free?
              Probably not.

Comment

i think it will not be free.

Comment

Not a chance.

I doubt they would even release the 2 series freely for fear of damaging brand reputation (it's very outdated) more than it is already :P
                  vB4 SuperCharged
                  http://www.gamingmasters.co.uk

Comment

This would make no sense for Jelsoft to do... they are a commercial vendor who makes money from selling their software. To give old releases away for free would compete with there "for fee" products. It would also put their brand on something that is old and out of date. They would also have to support it, or risk further brand damage. The license is not that expensive... if someone wants free, there are other solutions out there.

That said, I'm now 48 years old have learned a few life lessons over the years. One of them is that as soon as you try to be nice and do something for someone for free, you are almost always going to be taken advantage of. Those folks looking for "free" are probably going to scream the loudest when something doesn't work. I can see the discussion now... "why can't our free version have this feature that you have in your $$$ version, and then the profanity will follow". Whenever I give things away, its to charities... and its anonymous.

A better alternative for Jelsoft would be to create a lower cost product that has limited functions and designed as a stepping stone for folks just getting started with really, really small forums that they don't know if they will ever progress to warrant the full product. Not sure what features they'd remove, but that might be an alternative for them. Personally, I'd rather see their resources focussed on adding more function to their flagship product. If I wanted free, I would have gone down a different product path.
                    Mikey
                    PDAPhoneHome ... Get Converged! / NortheastFoto ... Get Imaged!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X