Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regarding install blog, CMS and forum in different directories!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding install blog, CMS and forum in different directories!

vB4 Suite is integrated in several components as blog, CMS and forum. What I want to do is make them in different directory, for example,
    mydomain/forum
    mydomain/blog
    myforum/cms

Of course, this will be implemented virtually(by some programming method), meaning we may not create /blog and /cms directory on server and put blog and CMS scripts in them (and it seems impossible in current vB4 Suite, since we could not split blog script and cms script from its main source).

Now my question is if I need three license for doing this(one for blog, one for CMS and one for forum)? Or I just need one license of vB4 Suite for such purpose. I would make sure all access to /forum/blogs.php will be smoothly redirected to /blog/xxx.

Also a further question, may I create subdomain for members in forum under one license of forum? For example, user "admin" will have a subdomain admin.mydomain.com to point to his profile page in vB.

Thanks,
    Stephen
    Yet another better SEO module for vBulletin - YABBSEO!

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to do this with vBSEO... I have a thread going in their forum suggesting they make this an out of the box feature of vBSEO 3.5 which is their vBulletin 4.0 planned version. I think you can do it now with vBSEO, but its a little tricky to setup.

For those reading this that might think this is not an important feature, it is a big deal if you want to have your news be picked up by the news aggregators (think Google News). I have been rejected before because the url to my news was in a forum directory. Its also a big deal for advertising, as some of the top tier ad networks frown on placing ads in forums.
    Mikey
    PDAPhoneHome ... Get Converged! / NortheastFoto ... Get Imaged!

Comment

Just to clarify, when I say doing it with vBSEO, I mean using rewrites to make the blog, cms, and forum appear to be in their own directories, while in reality they are three separate .php files in the /forums directory. So I'm not talking about 3 installations here.
      Mikey
      PDAPhoneHome ... Get Converged! / NortheastFoto ... Get Imaged!

Comment

Thanks for your posts. I was actually asking if vBulletin company allows me to do such things under one license. In fact, I am developping such a plugin for vB4. And before this is started, I want to figure out the possible limitations.

Comment

Originally posted by yabziz View Post
          Thanks for your posts. I was actually asking if vBulletin company allows me to do such things under one license. In fact, I am developping such a plugin for vB4. And before this is started, I want to figure out the possible limitations.
          Yes, it's allowed under the license.

Comment

Originally posted by ZippySLC View Post
            Yes, it's allowed under the license.
            Thank you for your reply

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X