Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Same server... forum on one domain, the rest of the Suite on another?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same server... forum on one domain, the rest of the Suite on another?

I have DOMAIN A and DOMAIN B on the same server. DOMAIN A is a vB3.8 board only. DOMAIN B is a b2evolution installation. Can I buy the vB4 Suite and have DOMAIN A for the vB4 board only and have DOMAIN B switch to vB4 Suite to use all the other stuff? I don't want them mixed together if it is possible. Both domains are well known but serve different subjects.

Sooooooooo......

Click on DOMAIN A and only get a message board. No reference to DOMAIN B.

Click on DOMAIN B and get everything but a message board. No reference to DOMAIN A.

TIA!

That would two separate vB licenses (i.e., the Suite is not a product of another vB license.)
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      That would two separate vB licenses (i.e., the Suite is not a product of another vB license.)
      Can I have a domain name point to just the forum and have it show as www.DOMAINA.com? For instance, here everything is referenced to www.vbulletin.com/forum. Can I have DOMAINA.com just hit the forum and not DOMAINB.com?? Or will the forum url be seen as DOMAINB.com? Trying to make this work under one license.

Thanks again.

Comment

i also want my suite on a different domain

since it's for the license, what if the cms uses 2 domains?

Comment

Two domains requires two licenses.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I really hate to butt in but, if they legally purchased a used v3 license, could not they use that for the forums and the cms on 2 different domains?

v3 licenses might be a less expensive option at the moment.

Comment

There is no separate license for the CMS. If they have two totally separate licenses then they can use this on two separate sites. That has always been the case. If the Suite license is an upgrade to an existing license, then this is still one license and only one install is allowed.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I think the CMS requires files from the forum so it would be impossible to stand alone.
                vBulletin Rules!

Comment

Originally posted by kontagio.us View Post
                  I think the CMS requires files from the forum so it would be impossible to stand alone.
                  You assume correctly. The CMS still partially runs off the forum's functionality.

Comment

You can disable the CMS in the admincp product page. Same with the blog.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X